Sign in to follow this  
ert69

Editing "About this Mac" on Niresh's distro.

Question

So I want to edit my "About this Mac" section and change it to say Hackintosh instead of the default MAC OS X. N{censored} has changed it to "N{censored}12495". I followed this tutorial: How to edit "About This Mac" on a Hackintosh but nothing.. It looked completely different and there was no "N{censored}12495" in there..

Anybody know how I could change it? i dont like that stupid N{censored} thingy there.

6 answers to this question

So I want to edit my "About this Mac" section and change it to say Hackintosh instead of the default MAC OS X. Niresh has changed it to "Niresh12495". I followed this tutorial: How to edit "About This Mac" on a Hackintosh but nothing.. It looked completely different and there was no "Niresh12495" in there..

Anybody know how I could change it? i dont like that stupid Niresh thingy there.

If you don't like the Niresh branding, go retail! :P

If you don't like the N{censored} branding, go retail! :P

Yeah.. Don't have that kind of money to spend on a software.. I know 20 eur is cheap as chicken shit for an OS, but nah.. :D

Yeah.. Don't have that kind of money to spend on a software.. I know 20 eur is cheap as chicken shit for an OS, but nah.. :D

20 EUR isn't one-time use, you know. Once it's yours, you can spread the "infection" to all your other PCs, if you know what I mean. ;)

20 EUR isn't one-time use, you know. Once it's yours, you can spread the "infection" to all your other PCs, if you know what I mean. ;)

Yeah I figured.. I'm just too cheap at this point in my life.. Maybe in the future though :)