Sign in to follow this  
Firzen

Mac OS X in VirtualBox on AMD Phenom

Question

Hello there,

I need to install Mac OS X Lion in VirtualBox. I have already read many guides which are saying that you can install Mac OS X if you follow them. But these guides didn't work for me.

My configuration is:

Motherboard: some Gigabyte, I can look up if needed

CPU: AMD Phenom 1100T

RAM: 8 GiB

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT-430 (1GiB)

HDD: 1TiB

Operating system: GNU/Linux, distro Debian testing with kernel 3.2.0-2-686-pae (32-bit)

VirtualBox: version Oracle VirtualBox 4.2.6 r82870 with installed USB extension; fully functional with any other virtual systems

The only "Hackintosh" I got working is iAtkos S3 version 2, my file has md5 hash: 55d3aaae14435065b53acb61e3bccae2

This iAtkos works for install, so I normally installed it in VirtualBox, BUT .. I just can't boot installed system. Every time it hangs up on blank black screen and it is using 100% of CPU power (one of CPU cores).

So in this moment I am stuck, and I don't know how to continue.. Is there any way how to install Mac OS X Lion into VirtualBox on my computer?

Thank you very much for your any help.

Hello there,

I need to install Mac OS X Lion in VirtualBox. I have already read many guides which are saying that you can install Mac OS X if you follow them. But these guides didn't work for me.

My configuration is:

Motherboard: some Gigabyte, I can look up if needed

CPU: AMD Phenom 1100T

RAM: 8 GiB

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT-430 (1GiB)

HDD: 1TiB

Operating system: GNU/Linux, distro Debian testing with kernel 3.2.0-2-686-pae (32-bit)

VirtualBox: version Oracle VirtualBox 4.2.6 r82870 with installed USB extension; fully functional with any other virtual systems

The only "Hackintosh" I got working is iAtkos S3 version 2, my file has md5 hash: 55d3aaae14435065b53acb61e3bccae2

This iAtkos works for install, so I normally installed it in VirtualBox, BUT .. I just can't boot installed system. Every time it hangs up on blank black screen and it is using 100% of CPU power (one of CPU cores).

So in this moment I am stuck, and I don't know how to continue.. Is there any way how to install Mac OS X Lion into VirtualBox on my computer?

Thank you very much for your any help.

You can try my tutorial inHow to install but I don't know if it works in 32-bits.:)

Edited by sgtivl

Hi sgtivl, I have tried your tutorial and followed all steps. But it failed again.. N{censored} installation DVD is booting and then it stucks, and one of cpu cores is 100% working.

There is my debugging output:

apple3.png?token_hash=AAEPJWIl3TdvxJyOZv9jioROW6KKHpBiEgkplOdSnq_pTw&dl=1

Can someone help me please?

Hi sgtivl, I have tried your tutorial and followed all steps. But it failed again.. N{censored} installation DVD is booting and then it stucks, and one of cpu cores is 100% working.

There is my debugging output:

apple3.png?token_hash=AAEPJWIl3TdvxJyOZv9jioROW6KKHpBiEgkplOdSnq_pTw&dl=1

Can someone help me please?

Maybe your processor can't ran mac you can check that with cpu z but it is for windows : (.

What do you mean with "Maybe your processor can't ran mac"? How can I check this? I know CPU-Z, but what information should I find? I know that my processor is AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, and that should be enough.. or not?

What do you mean with "Maybe your processor can't ran mac"? How can I check this? I know CPU-Z, but what information should I find? I know that my processor is AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, and that should be enough.. or not?

Is this processor yours AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz CPU Review - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Processor - Legit Reviews if so it can ran mac because it have sse2 and sse3.

Edited by sgtivl

Yes this is my processor. It is great to know that it is possible to run Mac OS X on my CPU. However I am unable to make Mac OS X working at all.. :D