Sign in to follow this  
Darkhero

Help Installling Kexts!!

Question

Hi everyone i just install iatkos s3 v2 with modcd on my HP G62-340US and need help with some kexts mostly for my Ethernet and Audio. I had once Install Voodoohda.kext on the but always get that sound of my MIC Going on, And with the Ethernet I had install Realtek 8139 because thats the one i have, but when trying to connect or something always says IP Autoassign... and can't Access the internet.. Besides that I'm good I use RadeonHD for graphics.

Here i'll leave a picture of devices found with System info. Please Help I'm newbie with this things.. i just know some things, i'm new on mac world and i'm worst on Kexts stuff.

Thanks For Help!!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64254576/Devices.PNG

HP G62-340US

CPU=AMD Athlon II P340 Dual Core

Motherboard=Hewlett Packard, Model 1444 69.37

GPU= ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Chipset=AMD 785GX

Southbridge=AMD SB800

RAM=4GB Kingston 800 mhz

Audio=Realtek RTL8139(Everest confirmation)

post-494237-137746156431_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darkhero
Editing an Image

Hi Darkhero and welcome to the forum!

Your System Info output looks good to me. For your LAN try this: Hackintosh RTL8101E-8102E - Downloads - OSx86.net

Use Kext Wizard for installation and don´t forget to repair permissions after tinkering with system files.

Nawcom has a Azalia package on the mod CDs did you try that already?

There are some patched Apple HDAs around, you can try as well.

Don´t have Voodoo and Apple HDA in /System/Library/Extensions at the same time, because you will likely get kernel panic.

If you installed non working kexts (kernel extensions) best remove them again from your system.

Be sure to have a bootable backup, in case you get stuck. :)

Good luck!

Hi Darkhero and welcome to the forum!

Your System Info output looks good to me. For your LAN try this: Hackintosh RTL8101E-8102E - Downloads - OSx86.net

Use Kext Wizard for installation and don´t forget to repair permissions after tinkering with system files.

Nawcom has a Azalia package on the mod CDs did you try that already?

There are some patched Apple HDAs around, you can try as well.

Don´t have Voodoo and Apple HDA in /System/Library/Extensions at the same time, because you will likely get kernel panic.

If you installed non working kexts (kernel extensions) best remove them again from your system.

Be sure to have a bootable backup, in case you get stuck. :)

Good luck!

Thanks for reply i have to try that ethernet kext... as matter with the audio kext i have't try the Azalia of nawcoms modcd. Dont know how to get it with my already install system. The voodoohda worked ok, havent test it with music or videos but the only problem i could see os that the mic is on and transfers the audio to the speakers.

And i'm having trouble finding how to recognize my chipset, i didn't enable nothing cuz i didn't know what to put on. Its a 785gx and the sata controller have no clue, in personalize said non ahci sata or something like that and as far as i know my sata driver has enable ahci by default. So im kinda lost with this stuff and i read a lot.

The other kexts you gave me going try it when ho home from work

The Azalia package is in packages on the postboot.img, which is on the preboot.dmg in Extra on the Mod CD.

Just open preboot.dmg and look around. :)

I recall a hissing noise from a mic jack with some Voodoo flavor too. Either drag the mic gain to zero or find a better (older) Voodoo.

Don´t worry about your installation, usually nawcom´s mod picks the right settings on not so new computers.

With your HD4250 there will be no hardware acceleration available with OSX, but you should be able to set the proper screen resolution.

I have try your rtl8139 with no success, also look for some packages like rtl81xx but now can't recognize built in ethernet.

Now with the sound i have try the voodoohda from iatkos and modcd and mic is on transfering sound to speakers. Have try'ed anoher voodoohda and now the voodoohda complements now doesn't work. And entering to sound setting in section input makes kernel panic just clicking there. Have to try applehda ans azalia...

Any suggestion for my problem?

I had the 8139 from the iatkos and he custom instalacion when picking the driving, then it recognize it but said self assign ip and can't use internet. So i have try that one you send version .90 now it doesn't recognize the integrated ethernet.... iknow one kext work cuz i have try it like 12 months ago and worked but cant remember wich on is it... have atheros 9285 as wifi but its like disable i have to try the atheros fix too...

Later when i get home i'll make a full specs file with everest so can help me more specifically