Sign in to follow this  
denigu

"Installation failed" ASUS N56VZ please help

Question

i tried both installing with usb or dvd with iAtkos ML , after the installation finishes, it gives an error saying that installation failed. an unknown error occured. please help me.

ASUS N56VZ - s4283H

4 answers to this question

Another cool notebook with dual graphics, huh?

Could be i7-3610QM´s integrated HD4000 is the culprit. Hackintosh cant run with dual graphics.

There are workarounds disabling the Nvidia graphics, which is a shame by the way.

- Select HD4000 by hardware switch (if available)

- Disable NV in BIOS (if possible)

- Delete all NV kexts in System/Library/Extensions, thus forcing the system to use Intel graphics.

If you want to continue with ML, you may have to enable your HD4000 too, as described here:

HD4000 full acceleration for 10.8 / 10.7.5 - Intel - InsanelyMac Forum

Good luck!

i can't even install mac on it. what to do now ? i also tried disabling nvdia in customize menu in iatkos installation, but i cannot install it. on the tutorial it says that i must pick one model under Intel HD 4000 Graphics kexts, but there too much options that doesnt mean anything so that i cant choose the right one

Sorry, I cant help you here. No stock install media will work for you. If any, only a handcrafted one will work.

NV Kexts will have to be deleted from your thumb drive and HD4000 will have to be enabled properly, as 10.8.2 does not boot without compatible GL graphics.

Maybe use the Search to look for members that have solved similar issues in the past, who might be willing to help you.

Or look here and contact the OP: Asus N53sm Mountain Lion - Mountain Lion 10.8 - InsanelyMac Forum

My Spnanish is not as good as it should be.

¡Salud, pesetas y amor y tiempo para gozarlos! :)