[VOTE] Newbies guide to Hackintosh

Who should win the contest?  

1,195 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win the contest?

• Cluless
    • crunchie
    • iMick
    • wws12

Today it came to my attention that there was foul play. I'll explain what happened. I got reports from members of OSx86.net that they received the message below from an other OSx86 community called OS X Lattitude:

Although we never place a rule against this behaviour, we have never seen this before either. We were stumbled and have to take action against this. Why? Check this topic for example: Vote - The Lobby - OSXLatitude Forum. The person there said:

This is not what we intended with the poll... We wanted to create a nice contest that is fun for everybody. I realise that there is money involved, but it's sad to see your good idea becoming misused by greed.

New users registered to this site cannot vote anymore for a short period (until after this poll). This is to try to make this as fair as possible. I also decided to remove 50 votes from iMick.

In the future contests, I think that only the moderators of this forum should be able to vote. It will decrease the chance of this happening.

Today it came to my attention that there was foul play. I'll explain what happened. I got reports from members of OSx86.net that they received the message below from an other OSx86 community called OS X Lattitude:

Although we never place a rule against this behaviour, we have never seen this before either. We were stumbled and have to take action against this. Why? Check this topic for example: Vote - The Lobby - OSXLatitude Forum. The person there said:

This is not what we intended with the poll... We wanted to create a nice contest that is fun for everybody. I realise that there is money involved, but it's sad to see your good idea becoming misused by greed.

New users registered to this site cannot vote anymore for a short period (until after this poll). This is to try to make this as fair as possible. I also decided to remove 50 votes from iMick.

In the future contests, I think that only the moderators of OSX86.net should be able to vote. It will decrease the chance of this happening.

I just voted without reading all the other guides

Oh wow, i was in a hurry and fucked it up. (well, rather the e-mail snitches...)

Anyway, after reading the other guides now, iMick's guide is really the best.

iMick, send me your bitcoin receiver address and i will transfer some mbtc to you. Sorry...

Oh wow, i was in a hurry and fucked it up. (well, rather the e-mail snitches...)

Anyway, after reading the other guides now, iMick's guide is really the best.

iMick, send me your bitcoin receiver address and i will transfer some mbtc to you. Sorry...

No problem schmatzosx ;-).

I'm glad you have read my guide and did not just reject it, because I aren't using much images. (which isn't needed, when you are clear ;)).

Looks like their was a lot of development while i was sleeping. I have to say i am sorry to see 100 votes taken from iMick but i guess it was justified.

Well, i will post my feedback on the tuts on the next few days b/c i have exam tomorrow.

Edited by cluless

Well, I know you did some awesome work here and at OSXL, iMick and I hope you´ll continue that.

In this case of obviously trying to manipulate a vote, you would have been disqualified from the contest if it was my decision.

Though I appreciate the submission of your guide, you should see the point that you cant act like this in the OSX community.

I think you should be grateful for John´s reaction.