Sign in to follow this  
Keyjale

Clock is slow and sound crackling

Question

Hi all,

Not sure about that I chosen right forum, but I believe issues below related to cpu work, so I decided to post here.

I got ASUS K95VM laptop with Intel Core i5 2500 MHz Ivy Bridge processor.

Few months ago I successfully installed hackintosh (Mountain Lion 10.8.2) on it and since then I solved various issues and now it's working pretty stable, however couple things still bothers me.

First, I found that my system clock is slowing in time, I mean when the computer works, for example, during 24 hours, I can see that clock is wrong about 3-4 minutes back, e.g. real time is 10:04 and I see 10:00. Just don't ask about System Preferences -> Date and Time -> Set date and time automatically - I know about this option and it helps for a while of course, but here's more general problem. I suspect that my processor maybe not working at full power, or I don't know... I tried setting FSB=100 and busratio=25 according to my cpu characteristics, but that didn't help.

Another problem is that when I listen music or watching youtube videos the sound is initially fine, but in about a 30 seconds it starts crackling little by little and that crackling grows in time and after a minute it's hard to hear something in that noise. If I pause for a while, it gets back to normal but then again that thing repeats. I suspect that this problem is relevant to previous, though maybe not, maybe it's another problem. What I suggest is that sound desynchronize with real time and somehow that causes that effect. However, it's only suggesstion. I have VoodooHDA 2.7.3 as a sound driver, just FYI.

So, any help about these issues is very appreciated, thanks in advance.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet