Sign in to follow this  
T1hom7as

Nvram Variables Not Saving In Clover UEFI

Hi,

I'm trying to save my theme inside of the nvram now that it is used but every time I enter it, upon reboot it disappears.

I am using these drivers:

CsmVideoDxe-64.efi	HFSPlus-64.efi		PartitionDxe-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi

With rev 1702, I have no issue booting, I also have sleep working.

I think they're kind of working, but I'm not sure:

Thomas' MacBook Pro:~ thomas$ nvram -p | grep EmuVariabl
EmuVariableUefiPresent Yes

I have also tried entering it in the new Clover PreferencePane but upon reboot it is empty.

Would appreciate any help :)

You have all the RC Scipts installed???

No, I'm not sure what they do? Didn't know I needed them, shall I install them all?

EDIT: I just installed "Install RC scripts on target volume", I put my theme into nvram, which was fine. Upon restart it was gone again. Do I need to install "Install all RC scripts on all other bootable volumes"?? I triple boot Win8, Ubuntu, and OS X all via Clover UEFI.

Edited by T1hom7as

You need to install RC Scripts only to OS X bootable devices...

I don't know what could be happening as you are using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and still not working...

Do you have any FusionDrive or Software RAID??? If no, you can see nvram.plist hidden at the root of you OS X partition???

What do you see at /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/rc.shutdown.log???

You need to install RC Scripts only to OS X bootable devices...

I don't know what could be happening as you are using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and still not working...

Do you have any FusionDrive or Software RAID??? If no, you can see nvram.plist hidden at the root of you OS X partition???

What do you see at /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/rc.shutdown.log???

Ok I have a recovery partition too but don't think that makes a difference. I only have one install of ML, with Ubuntu UEFI and Win8 UEFI. So I guess I don't need to install the RC scripts anywhere else.

I think everything is working now, I checked to see if I had nvram.plist in the root of HDD and it was there. Also I checked that log and everything seemed to be fine, the script was writing to the nvram. So I decided to go into Clover PreferencePane and change the theme name to black_green. It asked for password, it wrote to the nvram. I restarted and this time it saved, so I guess all I needed was the RC scripts installed.

Now I have some questions, what other variables can I put into nvram? I see some people having line log count, whats that?

Also in the PreferencePane it doesn't show a preview of the theme, is that because I don't have the EFI automatically mounting? Should I set it to automatically mount? Whats the advantages/disadvantages of mounting the ESP on boot and how do I do that?

EDIT: I have no fusion drive or software RAID.

There is the possibility to use the following NVRAM variables with Clover...

Clover.LogLineCount = Number of lines to be used by system.log

Clover.NVRamDisk = Disk to save NVRAM

Clover.MountEFI = EFI partition to be mounted

Clover.Theme = Theme to be used

Clover.LogEveryBoot = Save an specific boot.log file for every boot

Also, I believe that Slice are implementing an feature that we will be able to set boot-args also using NVRAM variables...