TechXero

Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Broke My Hackintosh

Question

Hey guys...

?

I updated my Hackintosh to 10.8.5 this morning using Combo update. But it wouldn't boot. So I decided to start from scratch, using the MyHack method. But as soon as I install the update it no longer boots just as before. Hack is clean nothing installed yet apart from the Extras folder that MyHack sets up during install.

?

Error below.

?

boot.jpg

?

I can start from scratch again, but I just need to know what to do so get ?it to work.?

?

Please help !!!!

I was on 10.8.4 fully functional. But now I wiped it all to start from scratch. My myHack made bootable USB has 10.8.3 on it. It installs fine, and I can update to 10.8.4 but not to 10.8.5 which breaks it.

?

And how do I make a backup ? I only got this 500gb HDD in the machine and another 160gb with Windows 8.1 Licensed on it. I disconnect one HDD everytime I want to run eother 8,1 or OSX. I do not have a spare HDD to make Time machine backups on sorry.

?

Anyway how do I get it to work then ?

If your 500GB HDD is dedicated to OSX, I would partition it with Disk Utility (HFS Extended and GUID) and create two partitions. When you are running 10.8.4 again, use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone your installation to the unused partition.
?
pthread is a POSIX multithreading feature, I have to admit I never saw that error.

Maybe something went wrong during your update?

?

I need all the space buddy...

My Hackintosh was for learning Final Cut Studio which is 100gb alone, then Logic Pro X with library is another 50gb... And tons more. So can't spare any space.

As for error, nothing went wrong during installation. Went smoothly. Both times. As soon as I reboot it just sits there on Apple logo xD

Weird. Maybe I should try the non Combo update? Since the 10.8.4 update I used n worked was not the Combo.

Am confused xD

It broke mine too, could not get it to boot, different error than yours. ?Anyway don't you have a time machine backup? ?Restore from that using the USB boot disk, once the restore is done, boot back into the the bootdisk and install chameleon to the restored OSX partition and you will be back in business, max 1 Hr (depending on speed of the system)

If you read my previous posts above yours you would have seen that the answer is NO ! I don't have the privilege of having tons of HDDs.?

?

I don't care if I have to start from scratch just as long as 10.8.5 works.