Question

I'm trying to install 10.8.5 on my Asus g750jx with the latest bios installed. I tried both U{censored} and myhack with also every possible combination of boot flags. When I boot from the flash drive it loads up all the kexts and get to the part that says starting Darwin and then it crashes and my computer reboots. Note: I'm trying to install mountain lion, and already have my hard drive properly partitioned (GPT) to install it on and my sata settings are on AHCI. I've been at this for a few days with no luck and even tried using the GM version of mavericks with myhack and I got the same problem. Any ideas?

Bios:?
Brand: AMI

Version: G750JX.208

?

Graphics:?

Name: Nividia GeForce GTX 770M w/ 3072 MB of Memory

?

Motherboard:?

Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Model: G750JX

Chipset: Intel Haswell Rev. 06

Southbridge: Intel ID8C4B Rev. 04?

?

CPU:?

Specification: Intel Core i7-4700HQ @2.40GHz

Hi, I have exactly the same laptop but cannot even get iAtkos ML to start in VirtualBox?????

I have done this before on another laptop and also a full install many times without many problems.

but not this time.

VirtualBox only gets to the Starting Darwin, then Boot Options..... then just hangs.

Darwin is not loading. I also tried many boot options.

Maybe we are missing some setting in bios but any ideas what?

Hi,

still no luck anyone?

only 'success' i have of running os x anything is a vmware prepared image from?www.souldevteam.net of mountain lion

which is not really ideal sad.png

?

@xfriend, did you not read my post 1 before yours...

?

EDIT; well, it seems a site which we dont mention here has updated an installer program which we dont mention here to build a usb installer for Haswell and usb 3.

Hi,

still no luck anyone?

only 'success' i have of running os x anything is a vmware prepared image from?www.souldevteam.net of mountain lion

which is not really ideal sad.png

?

@xfriend, did you not read my post 1 before yours...

?

EDIT; well, it seems a site which we dont mention here has updated an installer program which we dont mention here to build a usb installer for Haswell and usb 3.

?

I don't know about the rules here or drama and hate between hackintosh community but seriously.. I hope admins don't delete this.. let's get to the bottom of this.. ASUS G750JX and JH series are absolutely amazing laptops.

?

Have you tried with Mavericks and latest U{censored} and MB{censored}? I think the latest versions allow native support for Intel HD4600 GPU so even if GTX7xx GPU won't work on OSX you will at least get native OSX performance and you can boot into Windows to play games with full GPU support.

?

I have ordered ASUS G750JX.. I have read on ROG forums that issues with U{censored} might be related to locked BIOS.

?

Until I get my ASUS G750JX can you try the latest version of the Uni and Multi beasts and report here if it worked for you.

?

Thanks!

...I have ordered ASUS G750JX.. I have read on ROG forums that issues with U{censored} might be related to locked BIOS...

Hi,

hmm, maybe get deleted. the ''other'' site has changed the wording in their progs a bit to credit everybody else who wrote the progs for them.

if they were just honest from the go and said they were just collecting from others into one user friendly location maybe they would be more popular...

anyway, i think (hope) the locked bios related to a true native build with real sleep and sound etc. not to a kext supported build.

i am going to give mavericks a try soon so keep posting here with any results.

?

off topic: and yes, the G750JX is great. still setting mine up with several windows versions and hoping for os x soon. mountain lion is running ok in vmware.

i can play anything at almost max settings. 3d screen is superb. i have already swapped out the 250 ssd and 750 slow spinner for 2x crucial 500gb ssds :) you will not be dissapointed (well, unless we cant get os x to run...)