Jump to content
  • 0
telanx

(Help)Modified AppleHDA.kext for IDT 92HD90BXX(111d76e7)-Dell Latitude E6x20

Question

Hi, guys:

I am trying my best to modify the Original AppleHDA.kext to drive the IDT 92HD90BXX(111d76e7) from Dell Latitude E6320, and below is some output from me, unfortunately, I still couldn't make it happen, so maybe I need your guys help~~~

 

Part 1. Codec ConfigData from Codec_Dump.txt, and modify info.plist file in AppleHDA.kext\Plugin(Codec_Dump.txt pls refer to attached file)

codec_dump.txt

 

  • Codec: IDT 92HD90BXX
  • Address: 0
  • Vendor Id: 0x111d76e7
  • Normal Hex: 11 1d 76 e7
  • Decimal: 287143655
  • Hex Byte Flipped: e7 76 1d 11
a. Original?Codec ConfigData  00A71C20 00A71D10 00A71EA1 00A71F03 00B71C1f 00B71D10 00B71E21 00B71F03 00C71CF0 00C71D00 00C71E00 00C71F40 00D71C10 00D71D01 00D71E17 00D71F90 00E71C50 00E71D10 00E71E01 00E71F23 00F71C2e 00F71D10 00F71EA1 00F71F23 01071CF3 01071D00 01071E00 01071F40 01171CF2 01171D00 01171E00 01171F40 01F71CF0 01F71D00 01F71E00 01F71F40 02071CF0 02071D00 02071E00 02071F40
b. Verb Data which Corrected by me 00A71C20 00A71D10 00A71EA1 00A71F03 00B71C10 00B71D10 00B71E21 00B71F03 00C71CF0 00C71D00 00C71E00 00C71F40 00D71C10 00D71D01 00D71E17 00D71F90 00E71C50 00E71D10 00E71E01 00E71F23 00F71C20 00F71D11 00F71EA0 00F71F20 01071CF3 01071D00 01071E00 01071F40 01171CF2 01171D00 01171E00 01171F40 01F71CF0 01F71D00 01F71E00 01F71F40 02071CF0 02071D00 02071E00 02071F40 00D70C02  Comments: I modified the Verb Data according to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/283754-patched-applehdakext-for-codecs-idt-92hd81b1x5-92hd91bxx-and-92hd87b24/, thanks Micky1979 :-)

Then, I modified the?AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext\info.plist as following steps:(Edit with Plist Editor Pro)

 

  • a. Change "CodecID" to 287143655 in decimal(111d76e7 in hex)
  • b. copy above Verb Data into "ConfigData" area.(164 bytes)
  • c. Change "Function Group" as "1"
  • d. Change "Layout ID" as "12"(Same with DSDT).
  •  

file info.plist, download link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6897343/Shared/Info.plist

(sorry, i couldn't upload file to this thread. so I use a dropbox link)

 

Part2. Patch the AppleHDA Binary file in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS.

I used bcc9's Script to patch the AppleHDA Binary file.

I modified the script file "patch-hda-codecs.pl", added the 111d76e7, and to replace the 11d4198b.

    { name => 'IDT 76e7',		#aka 92HD90BXX      target_id => 0x111d76e7,      patch_id => 0x11d4198b		#ADI 1984B    },Comments: thanks bcc9's great effort. :-)

file Patched AppleHDA Binary file, download link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6897343/Shared/AppleHDA

(sorry, i couldn't upload file to this thread. so I use a dropbox link)

 

 

Part3. Modified Layout12.xml.

I use zlib.pl (thanks RevoGirl R.I.P) to decompress the zlib file to xml, after modified, compress back.

  • a. Change "CodecID" to 287143655 in decimal(111d76e7 in hex)
  • b. Inputs --------------------------------Outputs

            0: LineIn --------------------------0:HeadPhone

           1: Mic -------------------------------1:IntSpeaker

  • c. Change "PathMapID" to "1".

 

file modified Layout12.xml file, download link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6897343/Shared/layout12.xml

(sorry, i couldn't upload file to this thread. so I use a dropbox link)

 

Part4. Calculate the PathMaps, and modify the platforms.xml.

Below is my PathMaps for Inputs and Outputs.

a. For Outputs (Pin Complex --> Audio Output) IntSpeaker:    Hex:     0x0d --> 0x13      Decimal:   13 -->  19 HeadPhone:    Hex:     0x0b --> 0x14      Decimal:   11 -->  20b. For Inputs (Pin Complex --> Audio Selector/Mixer --> Audio Input) Int Mic:    Hex:     0x0f --> 0x17 --> 0x15      Decimal:   15 -->  23  -->  21 Ext Mic(LineIn):    Hex:     0x0a --> 0x18 --> 0x16      Decimal:   10 -->  24  -->  22    

then, I put those into platforms.xml file, and compress it, drop back.

 

 

file modified platforms.xml file, download link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6897343/Shared/Platforms.xml

(sorry, i couldn't upload file to this thread. so I use a dropbox link)

 

Part5. Modify DSDT to add the Method function in Device (HDEF).

I set the layout ID 0x0c, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

 

 

file AppleHDA.kext file, download link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6897343/Shared/AppleHDA.kext.zip

(sorry, i couldn't upload file to this thread. so I use a dropbox link)

 

After done above, I drop the modified AppleHDA.kext to S\L\E, and repair the permission, then rebuild the kernelkeche.....reboot, but unfortunately, it didn't work at all.

 

so, Could anyone help to solve it? thanks, appreciate for your effort. :-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.