Paludan2

Guide: Get iCloud, App Store and iMessage working!

I've helped my two friends with their Hackintosh installation, and this issue was present on their systems as well. So I guess this is a problem that'll hit most the community.

For those who want their AirDrop working:

?

Open Terminal and type in:

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

?

Then type:

killall Finder

?

That should get it working:)

Now I'm having this problem after reset password for my Apple ID.

?

- First, can't login iMessage since I have to re-enter new password. It happens in Mavericks and Mountain Lion.

- Secondly, since the password has been changed, iCloud in prefpane will be greyed out and asking new password. Later, I got server error but only in Mavericks. The strange is, even with that error, apps such as Notes, Cal etc which linked to iCloud still get updated?angry.png

?

wV.png

?

vV.png

?

Done many things with Clover then fall back to Chameleon, re-install Mavericks (clean), restore from backup but stll no luck.?angry.png

Now I'm having this problem after reset password for my Apple ID.

?

- First, can't login iMessage since I have to re-enter new password. It happens in Mavericks and Mountain Lion.

- Secondly, since the password has been changed, iCloud in prefpane will be greyed out and asking new password. Later, I got server error but only in Mavericks. The strange is, even with that error, apps such as Notes, Cal etc which linked to iCloud still get updated?angry.png

?

?

?

Done many things with Clover then fall back to Chameleon, re-install Mavericks (clean), restore from backup but stll no luck.?angry.png

Wow that sounds odd indeed, and you've tried as the guide suggests? This backup you're speaking of, is it only files (games, documents etc.)?

What I've tried following many suggestions;

?

Chameleon:

- I make sure ethernet set as built-in through org.chameleon.boot.plist, and also through device-property injection.

- Delete network setup in prefpane and networkInterface.plist, then re-add again and again.

- Make sure ethernet is en0.

- Change serial number and Mac model in smbios.

?

Clover:

- Use device-property injection.

- Try LAN fix.

- Clean up nvram and reset CMOS.

- Reapply MLB string even it's deprecated. I also tried old Clover (r13xx) which has that iMessage fix.

- Change serial number and Mac model in smbios.

?

General suggestions:

- Use different Apple ID.

- Sign out and in iCloud from my iPad.

- Restore from a full bootable backup (not only app or doc or settings) using CCC.

- Reformat hard disk to do clean installation.

- Try boot my bootable Mavericks backup when I thought it was related to UUID. Same result unfortunately.

?

Late last night I reformatted again the disk and restored Mountain Lion into it. As I said no problem with signing in/out iCloud with new password in ML. Then I just upgraded to Mavericks on top of it.......iCloud is back. Now I can sign in/out iCloud without problem even using different Apple ID as it should.?

?

Except iMessage still not working...blacklisted account maybe because it happens on all my OS X installations (hack not real Mac as I don't have the latter one).

?

What the hell is happening...IDK