eXtink

[10.9 - Bluetooth] CSR8510 A10 not recognised as bluetooth

Question

Hey everybody,

?

Today I bought an sitecom cn-524 bluetooth 4.0 adapter (CSR8510 A10 chip) as it should be supported on Mac/Hackintosh. But after plugging it in no bluetooth device is detected, but I can see my adapter in system information. Can someone help me?

?

Screenshot%202013-11-18%2014.36.43.png?d

Screenshot%202013-11-18%2014.36.50.png?d

Finally I had got it working with (at least) OS X Mavericks.

?

For the story, CSR8510 A10 chip is a dual-mode chip. On your dongle, and mine ("It Works" - Micro Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter from Darty in France), the dongle boot in HID mode by default (VID 0A12 PID 100B). Even with a Linux computer, i could'nt get the dongle to work in HCI mode (Bluetooth mode so - VID 0A12 PID 0001).

?

If you have a computer that is running Windows (7 - 64bits for me) you can modify the "initial device bootmode".

?

To change the device bootmode :

1. Download the BlueSuite to modifiy "BlueCore Persistent Store" : http://www.kcwirefree.com/docs/BlueSuite_2_5.zip
  2. Unplug your Bluetooth dongle
  3. Install the BlueSuite Software (default options)
  4. Plug your Bluetooth dongle in another port than previously
  5. Run CSR BlueSuite 2.5.0 / PSTool as Administrator
  6. With the first window : Choose Transport = USB then Port = \\.\csr0 and click OK
  7. In the Filter box, type bootmode then click on the item "Initial device bootmode"
  8. Note the hex number in case something goes wrong (mine was 0002), then change to 0000
  9. Click on the Set button then click on the Close button
  10. Wait some seconds then unplug your Bluetooth dongle.

Finally, run your OS X with the dongle plugged-in and your Bluetooth dongle will now work out of the box :-)

?

With this modification, your Bluetooth dongle, will always start in HCI mode.

?

Some information about the dual-mode in Bluetooth USB : http://www.ie.ksu.edu.tw/data/bluetooth/28/docs/hid_dual_boot_dongle.html

?

Hope it will work for you too.

?

Maybe drivers under Windows are wrong. Please verify that your bluetooth key is now CSR BlueCore Bluetooth, else change drivers and use this on, this way you can use the BlueSuite program.

It worked! Bluetooth is working on my hackintosh, but sleep isn't working and I have to pare my devices when I boot my pc..

Nice to seen that's working too for you :)

?

For sleep, try to remove the bluetooth key, start OSX and go to sleep : if OK : a problem with bluetooth, and may be, an option like Fix Shutdown / Fix Sleep with the bootloader (Clover for example) may help.

Nice to seen that's working too for you smile.png

?

For sleep, try to remove the bluetooth key, start OSX and go to sleep : if OK : a problem with bluetooth, and may be, an option like Fix Shutdown / Fix Sleep with the bootloader (Clover for example) may help.

?

Sleep doesn't work.. I have a Asus Z87-k motherboard. I patched the bios but every time I suspend the Hackpro, it will boot again..

Do you know any solutions?