Question

Okay so I'm working on my first Hackintosh and I've come to a bit of a problem. I've been following this guide to install Lion on my AMD machine even though im installing Mountain Lion (http://www.macbreaker.com/2013/07/a-look-at-amd-hackintoshing-mac-os-x.html) . When ever I use MyHack it always "fails to retrieve install.mpkg". So instead i made a bootable usb with DiskMakerX and ran U{censored} with it. I copy my AMD kernel to the root of my USB as well as the MB{censored} Mountain Lion folder too. It installs correctly but I cant figure out how to replace the original kernel with my AMD kernel.

?

I've tried what the guide said to do, (rm /Volumes/"Name of hard drive"/mach_kernel), but i get the error saying that its a "read-only" file system. If i boot into single user mode i can sudo remove files from my bootable flash drive but i'm not too sure if i can remove files from other devices since im booting from the USB. I've tried pluggin the HDD in a SATAtoUSB and changing permissions of the files but I still dont have "Permissions" to do so. I cant boot up from the HDD once the install is done, since it has the wrong kernel.

?

?

Am i missing something?

?

?

im booting from flags: npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v

?

?

?

and here is the amd kernel. and i am renaming it mach_kernel when replacing the original

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3694-amd-108x-kernel/

?

?

P.S. sorry if this has been posted before. I've been searching everywhere for it but couldnt get an answer.

?

?

?

Specs:

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0

Proc: AMD FX-8350

RAM: 16GB 1600MHz

HDD putitn Mac on: 250GB Western Digital Scorpion Blue

Flash Drive: 16GB Scandisk Cruzer

Graphics Card(s): 2 x Asus HD7770 2GB DDR5 Crossfired

?

?

Edit: ?[solved]

?

Don't?know why it?wouldn't let me change the kernel but i reinstalled Mountain Lion?on the USB and reinstalled it on my PC and?everything worked fine.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet