TheChosenBeard

Perfectly Working Mountain Lion Install - No bootloader working

Question

So i installed ML earlier, got just about everything working except the boot loader. I've tried just about everything. Here are some of the Guides that I've tried.

http://www.{censored}.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html?tired both solutions

?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288671-solved-boot0-error-after-install/

?

I have also tried using MB{censored} to install chimera all versions.

?

I tried the standalone chimera installer.

?

I tried the Clover boot loader.

?

I tried the Chameleon Wizard.

?

I tried the Chameleon Bootloader as well.

?

right now i use a BootCD that has chameleon on it.

I installed ML on an SSD and there are no other OS's on the SSD.?

?

This is my first Hackintosh so there is a good chance I'm doing something wrong. Sorry if this is a easy fix just don't know where else to go to find a solution. Thanks.

?

?

?

Samsung 840 pro 256GB SSD

ASUS M5A97 R2.0

AMD FX-8350

2 x 2GB DDR5 Asus HD7770 Crossfired

(these are the main components, other components can be told upon request but shouldn't matter)

?

This is the error i get EVERY time i boot. no matter what boot loader i install.

post-602044-0-00113800-1386262992_thumb.

?

post-602044-0-00113800-1386262992_thumb.

okay so i tried what "noname" and tried to install Chameleon from the myHack Installation.

"You could try to reinstall Chameleon with myHack installer. Run it and when installation screen appears, go to Utilities and reinstall Chameleon." -noname

?
I was able to get to the bootloader (never been able to before) but when i put in my flags (npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No) it gave me a KP.

post-602044-0-56707400-1386372152_thumb.
?
I freaked out a bit but i booted back up to the ML installer and replaced the kernel again with the AMD kernel with Terminal just in case that was the problem but it wasnt.
?
Then booted back up from Chameleon CD that originally have been booting up from and it started up fine.
?
I figured since i got one bootloader to work(except KP) i would try to install another one. I tried installing Chimera but when i restarted it was the same Chameleon bootloader that gave me the KP.
?
So basically I got a bootloader to stick finally but it gives me a KP shown in the Picture. Still booting from Chameleon CD. Any help would be appreciative. Thanks again!

?

post-602044-0-56707400-1386372152_thumb.

Boot with these flags:

?

-v -f

?

or?

?

-v -x

?

or

?

-v -f -x

?

and see what happens. If that is working, repair permissions and rebuild cache/mkext and reboot.

I am very interested in this!? as I get the same error whenever I try to boot from HDD using grub4dos;

I use only clover (that too from USB and an external HDD partition); when I chainload the clover fat32 partition (which is not marked active, I get the clover gui but the OS X doesnot start); when I copy the bootloader into a primary partition it boots.

my MAC OS X partition is in a MBR drive and its PBR (the 2018 bytes) is empty.

?

since you have an independent SSD, you can use the clover: MBR (boot0af or boot0md) --> PBR (boot1h)-->boot (in the root partition or a separate EFI partition in the SSD)

?

so I will be very keen to see the results of your attempts

?

regards

neelakantan

Just out of curiosity, why is it like this?

click one of the links you find that say "why we dont support etc"

?

I will go into it a but more. Let's take Multi-dog. Now if you are using an intel processor, and I don't so have no idea, well, the "instructions" for using it might just work≥. However, if you Use the AMD, you click on that top one and throw away however many hours or days you just put into your system.

?

Since you really don't know what was changed, it is impossible, especially for someone new to hackintoshing, to fix the changes.

?

This is why it is much better to learn from scratch on many things, have control of where you are putting or removing files. Know that you set your permissions, know that you rebuilt your cache and or mkext.

?

Now, the next part of this is, the drivers are limited in that package installer, and

some changes it makes such as if you want to change your Mac Pro 3,1 to 5,1 will throw in some vanity for the makers into your about this mac page, now that is easy to fix, but you may also get a small error on bootloading.

?

ALL in all, it is just better for you and those that help you with osx86, if you actually know whats going down with your OS

?

Now theres the other part, a more monetary and proprietary element, but thats another story