TheChosenBeard

Perfectly Working Mountain Lion Install - No bootloader working

Question

So i installed ML earlier, got just about everything working except the boot loader. I've tried just about everything. Here are some of the Guides that I've tried.

http://www.{censored}.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html?tired both solutions

?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288671-solved-boot0-error-after-install/

?

I have also tried using MB{censored} to install chimera all versions.

?

I tried the standalone chimera installer.

?

I tried the Clover boot loader.

?

I tried the Chameleon Wizard.

?

I tried the Chameleon Bootloader as well.

?

right now i use a BootCD that has chameleon on it.

I installed ML on an SSD and there are no other OS's on the SSD.?

?

This is my first Hackintosh so there is a good chance I'm doing something wrong. Sorry if this is a easy fix just don't know where else to go to find a solution. Thanks.

?

?

?

Samsung 840 pro 256GB SSD

ASUS M5A97 R2.0

AMD FX-8350

2 x 2GB DDR5 Asus HD7770 Crossfired

(these are the main components, other components can be told upon request but shouldn't matter)

?

This is the error i get EVERY time i boot. no matter what boot loader i install.

post-602044-0-00113800-1386262992_thumb.

?

post-602044-0-00113800-1386262992_thumb.

?

okay so i tried what "noname" and tried to install Chameleon from the myHack Installation.

?

I was able to get to the bootloader (never been able to before) but when i put in my flags (npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No) it gave me a KP.

?
?
I freaked out a bit but i booted back up to the ML installer and replaced the kernel again with the AMD kernel with Terminal just in case that was the problem but it wasnt.
?
Then booted back up from Chameleon CD that originally have been booting up from and it started up fine.
?
I figured since i got one bootloader to work(except KP) i would try to install another one. I tried installing Chimera but when i restarted it was the same Chameleon bootloader that gave me the KP.
?
So basically I got a bootloader to stick finally but it gives me a KP shown in the Picture. Still booting from Chameleon CD. Any help would be appreciative. Thanks again!

?

if you google about bootloaders , you will find many of them try to help , and for a good part of the time do help, by injecting things like Graphic Card settings and other goodness we enjoy. However, sometimes this can be a real conflict if you loaded some other driver and the bootloader is loading another. This will make you ask more questions than you got for answers, but it may help you track down your problem.

if you google about bootloaders , you will find many of them try to help , and for a good part of the time do help, by injecting things like Graphic Card settings and other goodness we enjoy. However, sometimes this can be a real conflict if you loaded some other driver and the bootloader is loading another. This will make you ask more questions than you got for answers, but it may help you track down your problem.

?

Im not too sure what you're trying to imply. I understand that some kexts or settings maybe messing up but i haven't installed any kind of kexts. since i have an M597 r2.0 with a UEFI bios everything was native with mac other then the USB 3.0. I have 2 ASUS HD 7770 2GB DDR5 Graphics card that are crossfired and they are also natively supported. I havent installed any other Kext or outside settings other then personal settings on the Mac OS. but considering this has happened before i changed any settings i dont think its that. I have installed drivers for my Keyboard (Logitech G510) and my mouse (R.A.T. 7) but nothing else, and it happened before drivers were installed.

?

I appreciate the help though!

?

Boot with these flags:

?

-v -f

?

or?

?

-v -x

?

or

?

-v -f -x

?

and see what happens. If that is working, repair permissions and rebuild cache/mkext and reboot.

?

I've been away from the Hackintosh for awhile. I think ive booted with all of these combos before but i will try them out again and see what i get.

?

Thanks!

@thechosenbeard

?

you use legacy (bios) boot mode or efi? and your SSD with ML is with GPT ( i saw that the boot0 shows GPT; but i would like to know if the SSD is GPT disk)?

?

have you tried Clover?

?

regards

neelakantan

Boot with these flags:

?

-v -f

?

or?

?

-v -x

?

or

?

-v -f -x

?

and see what happens. If that is working, repair permissions and rebuild cache/mkext and reboot.

When i boot with flags -f -v i get this KP:post-602044-0-81843600-1386774466_thumb.

?

?

When i boot with flags -v -x i get this KP:post-602044-0-21728600-1386774538_thumb.

?

?

When i boot with flags -v -f -x i get this KP:post-602044-0-24818500-1386774368_thumb.

?

?

And yes my SSD is GPT. Here is a pic of the Disk Manager:?post-602044-0-48936400-1386774893_thumb.

And i believe i use legacy (bios) boot mode instead of efi. Usually when i use the boot menu it will tell me specific devices that are uefi and my ssd isn't one of them.

When i boot with flags -f -v i get this KP:attachicon.gifIMG_1956.JPG

?

?

When i boot with flags -v -x i get this KP:attachicon.gifIMG_1958.JPG

?

?

When i boot with flags -v -f -x i get this KP:attachicon.gifIMG_1961.JPG

?

?

And yes my SSD is GPT. Here is a pic of the Disk Manager:?attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-12-11 at 10.00.14 AM.png

And i believe i use legacy (bios) boot mode instead of efi. Usually when i use the boot menu it will tell me specific devices that are uefi and my ssd isn't one of them.

For some reason my pictures got flipped.?

?

here is when i boot with flags -f -v :post-602044-0-90434400-1386775227_thumb.

?

here is when i boot with flags -v -x:post-602044-0-38540200-1386775253_thumb.

?

here is when i boot with flags -v -f -x:post-602044-0-32912700-1386775162_thumb.

@t c b

?

the cpu is 0x15 (AMD)? model 0x2 (means FX?)

?

the SMBIOS model is macpro 3.1 ( other AMD users can suggest whether it is the correct model for ML)

?

?

1) i was looking at this thread for my interest of getting "external" bootloader in hdd (or SSD in your case);

2) now i understand that you are able to install but not run the mountainlion (or am i wrong? have you been able to create a user?)

3) i am sure you would have read about using AMD kernel for mountain lion (http://www.osx86.net/files/file/538-amd-kernel-for-mountain-lion-10-8-2/); and the mandatory boot argument arch=x86_64;? also look at this zip file: http://www.partage-facile.com/3VTO6K6L4K/package_amd.zip.html (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288057-usb-clover-with-kernel/)

3a) if you want to see Andy and sinetek developing the amd kernel: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-69

4) i am using clover (as it can reside outside the MAC OS X parititon); though i tried chameleon initially; i dont have experience of other loaders;

5) based on my understanding /reading posts about clover, you can create an AMD installable mountain lion USB; this is achieved through changing the kernel; but reboot will fail as the Installer installs original mac OSX kernel; which is to be rewritten; this is achieved by adding the kernel in the kexts/10.8 folder with corecrypto.kext (see this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5lpRCPGOpo4

?

if you have seen these all and done all......

?

best of luck

?

neelakantan