Question

Hello all , I really do hope you can help me . I am in a really tight situation with my netbook , Its a MSI u180

?("My specs")

?

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/U180.html#?div=Specification

?

and I do a verbose boot and every time it hangs at?

?

DSMOS has arrived

?

acpi_smc_PlatformPlugin::start - waitforservice(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement) timed out

?

and iv tried loads of different boot flags and nothing seems to work , and my bios is very limited and i have no ACPI option,

?

oh and btw this is post installation of atkos s3 v2,?

?

6 answers to this question

hi man

?

try MODcd?.use Atom?kernel for boot .swipe f5 atkos s3 v2?DVD.

?

boot flag: -v -f

about u?r hardware I don't know Intel hd 3650?graphics, wlan,audio?work or not. For kext? look-in the forum.

its better to use SL retail DVD. But anyway....

?

good luck

anything let me know

PowerVR SGX 545 based chipsets like the GMA3650 were never supported in OSX.

It is possible to run OSX in VESA mode without graphics hardware acceleration, but personally I think its not worth the effort.

Every app worth mentioning relies on Apple´s QE/CI graphics routines, even Preview (image viewer) does that. sad.png

?

If you decide to set up OSX though, note that a legacy kernel is needed for every OS higher than 10.6.2.

Apple dropped support for many cpus with 10.6.3. (including Atom)

Each matching kernel must be installed after an upgrade, before restart.

The kernels are named like this: e.g. legacy kernel 10.7 is the one for OSX 10.6.7?(guess you got the idea).

In your example, lets assume your distro uses 10.6.3. In this case you have to delete mach_kernel and use legacy_kernel 10.3.

Usually Nawcom´s mod installs the needed kernel, but Nawcom always used the retail Snow Leopard DVD 10.6.0 or 10.6.3.

?

Best wishes!

Ok i shall try the mach_ kernel, and just to make sure im doing it right , i would for example run?

?

-v mach_kernel after pressing f8, because iv tried doing this with -v mach_atom or something and it didnt work lol

?

and thanks for the response , i shall let you know.

?

and also how would i delete a kernel , would i have to burn a new disk with the kernel removed or delete it within -s mode, thanks

/mach_kernel might work. Give it a try.

i just tried this , and it went the opposite way , e.g.

?

acpi_smc_PlatformPlugin::start - waitforservice(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement) timed out

DSMOS has arrived

?

but still hangs , do you know what this means lol

?

thanks

Try booting with:

-x -v

"DSMOS Has Arrived" hang is most commonly a graphics problem.? Reiterating what noway said, your GPU is not supported, and will make this system virtually unusable on OS X, except for basic browsing...