theconsumer1

The GeForce 210 Guide for Mavericks

GeForce 210 Guide For Mavericks

?

Do you have a GeForce 210 card? Maybe you think its fully functioning in OSX 10.9, but maybe you have a slow boot process?

Here is a small guide I have wrote by gathering information around the net. It is strictly for 10.9 Mavericks.

Note: This guide was tested with an EVGA - GeForce 210 1024mb Card.

First off there isn't much to this guide. The GeForce 210 has always been a relatively compatible card. Some of which say the most compatible. Surely the Geforce 210 is no gamer card. its simply a card born into the world of OSX for one reason and one only: Compatibility.?

In 10.8.0 you may have found this card to be fully functional with PCIRootUID=0 flag. If you updated to 10.8.xx you may have found that your system did not want to function properly anymore, or you lost graphics and so on.

I am still learning to tricks of this card. But I found that 10.9, it works incredibly.

In 10.9 the GeForce 210 will work OOB with the famous GraphicsEnabler=Yes on boot.

Simply type in "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and you will find out that you have FULL graphics...

BUT,

Maybe your system is extremely slow on boot time now? Maybe your shutdown time is slow as well? MAYBE your keyboard and mouse doesn't exactly work directly after you reach the log in screen?

Well in not so many words, your GeForce 210 card is the reason.

I did research and thanks to the extraordinary resources of {censored}.com, i was able to find a solution to?

this problem.?

Here is the link:

Google it..

• First, download whichever enabler your system requires (read instruction in link)
  • Secondly, carefully read the instructions as to where to place the enabler in the Extra folder
  • Lastly,You need to edit your org.chameleon.boot.plist to enable the Drop SSDT option. (YOU CAN ALSO DOWNLOAD Chemelon Wizard and just select the "Drop SSDT" option in the wizard if you do not like editing strings.

?

Note: if you aren't sure where to put the ?<key>DropSSDT</key>

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<string>Yes</string>?

Put it at the end of the keys and strings.

Reboot your system and if you did it properly, your system will shutdown and boot so much faster all while enjoying the compatibility of your GeForce210 card!

I hope this helped everyone who is having trouble with this. If I helped you let me know, thats my goal here. Give back to the community. Also I want everyone to know I am in no way trying to steal anyone's light here. I take no credit for the work that has been done to achieve these solutions. I am simply the messenger. I appreciate all the hard work {censored} has done for the community. As well as osx86.net

Thanks

Hi, I've tried your method without any success ?;(

My card is an EVGA 1024mb (no fans) like your one, but I can't use with Mavericks

?

I've also an UHCI problem that stop me on boot.

Now I can see the desktop only with -f flag?

?

?

I've tried all methods from injecting EFI string to NVenabler. I just wanna know why my card is not recognized, 210 should work ooh in mavericks

?

;(

I've installed IOPCIFamily.kext from 10.6.7 but nothing was happened

this is the line from dmesg

Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6: already have loaded v2.8.

EDIT:

I removed Extensions.mkext from Extra folder and installed nvidia kexts from dp8.

Seems recognized cause nvdanv50 and nvdaresman are loaded, but agpm says "unknown platform" and I've got black screen and I can't get to desktop