Chanellafer

[In-Progress] Dell 15 7537 with HD4400

Question

So last week I treat myself to a new laptop, leaving my older Acer Aspire V3-571G behind, of which I have done multiple posts and tutorials on OSX86.net.

?

The new laptop which I purchased is a Dell, usually I don't go for Dell but this one, I just needed, it is lovely and feels really premium with it's full forged aluminium body (Apart from the bottom panel -.- (kinda fells like a Macbook Pro?tongue.png)) and also decent specs for it's price.

Specs & hardware that I can list straight off my head are the following;

• Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Haswell ULV @1.6GHz & Turbo Boost 2.6GHz
  • Intel® HD Graphics HD4400
  • Nvidia GeForce GT750M 2GB GDDR5
  • 6GB RAM DDR3 @ 1600MHz
  • Intel® Haswell ULT-IMC NorthBridge
  • Intel® Lynx-Point-LP with ALC283
  • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
  • 15.6" Corning Gorilla Glass 10 Point Touch Screen

When I first bought the laptop, the first few things I did was get rid of that horrible GPT formatted disk, change the UEFI BIOS to Legacy BIOS and I changed the Wireless card instantly in preparation for installing Mavericks. To my trusty Atheros AR9285.?
I also had a left over USB with Mavericks Installer still on it from when I used it to install on my Acer Aspire V3-571G.
So I went for it! But nothing. Reboots before any sort of Verbose was shown on my screen.
I thought it was to do with the NVIDIA GT750M so I deleted the .kexts from /USB/System/Library/Extensions..

This didn't work.?

So then I had a quick think, and I then thought it was to do with the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext & locked MSR's.
And it was! But this isn't a .kext that I am talking about, Apple changed a few things around with the release of Mavericks and most of the Power Management stuff happens right in the mach_kernel itself for Haswell CPU's that is. sad.png sads.

If you would like the mach_kernel that I have patched please let me know! It works only for 10.9.0!

?

Anyway, before I rant on and on here's a wee bit of proof.

post-102720-0-72282600-1389738332_thumb.

Hi! How are you?

?

I would just like to ask - were you able to get the GT750M to work?

I have a Lenovo Y400 with the same GPU, and I haven't found someone who have been able to get it to work.

?

Please let me know :)

?

Thank yousmile.png

Hello,?

is would it be possible to help me I have a darwin dump with my inspiron 7537, I can not even install mavericks?

if you could tell me how you did clover? chameleon? ...?

thank you in advance

Thank you for posting your experience, with your recent Dell Laptop.

I'm getting a Dell - Inspiron 7000 Series 15.6", and would like to try your Patched Kernel.

Also, which USB Installer did you use?

Is it a specific, U{censored} & MB{censored} Version ?

It must have a MBR patch, because ever since Snow Leopard, you needed a GPT formatted disk.

That installer + using Legacy BIOS & MBR Partition, would allow a Quad-Boot Laptop.

1. Kali Linux 2. Windows 7 Ultimate 3. Mavericks 4. PC-BSD

So I've had a wee bit of progress with the Dell, not much, but enough to now make it usable & I'm able to get back to my Xcode projects.?tongue.png?

This being;

• My wireless card works, as expected. This being the AR9285, although it likes to drop out now and again which makes me very sads.
  • The onboard HD4400 works flawlessly with no custom .kexts. Just the right boot-loader and the right AAPL,ig-platform-id. (I've heard many people having problems with the HD4400 but I can safely say it works 100%.)
  • The on-board audio does work with VoodooHDA 2.8.4 but I prefer AppleHDA which I will be doing at some point.
  • The touchpad and keypad work as normal with VoodooPS2 - without "Apple-Rubber banding-Inertia" unfortunately only real multitouch touchpads do.
  • Touchscreen kinda works, with drivers from Touch-base.com
  • USB 3.0 appears to work.

Unfortunately a lot of things don't work at the moment, like;

• Native power management, currently the SMBios from a MacbookAir6,2 have the best CPU States, I can't remember what states though.
  • Ethernet.
  • Sleep.
  • Turboboost, I have created my own SSDT using DCPIManager but it just doesn't want to boost.
  • Brightness and FN keys.

Basically this is in BETA and I will be updating as I go along.?
Here are the .kexts that I have used & files I have created to make things a wee bit usable.

Please note that; Not everything works, there could be crashes but nothing that can break your system, just complicated.?tongue.png?

?

Hi! How are you?

?

I would just like to ask - were you able to get the GT750M to work?

I have a Lenovo Y400 with the same GPU, and I haven't found someone who have been able to get it to work.

?

Please let me know smile.png

?

Thank yousmile.png

?

Hi! I'm very well thank'cha! ;p

As it stands at the moment, I've disabled my GT750M through a DSDT patch, this is because I can not enable it through .kext, DSDT or BIOS so therefore it eats battery for no reason. I'm pretty sure in the future I will or someone else will be able to find away to enable it over integrated graphics or native Nvidia Optimus.?wink.png?

- "You don't know unless you ask"

?

Hello,?
is would it be possible to help me I have a darwin dump with my inspiron 7537, I can not even install mavericks?
if you could tell me how you did clover? chameleon? ...?
thank you in advance

?

Hai! You can send me anything yah like, belongs it's not a virus ;P
You should try a XCPM (XNU CPU Power Management) free kernel there's one inside the file that I've just uploaded to the downloads section of OSX86.net
& I always use Chameleon/Chimera/Enoch I'm not a fan of Clover. - Specifically I used Chameleon 2.2 SVN 2266

Let me know how you get on with it!

?

Thank you for posting your experience, with your recent Dell Laptop.

I'm getting a Dell - Inspiron 7000 Series 15.6", and would like to try your Patched Kernel.

Also, which USB Installer did you use?

Is it a specific, U{censored} & MB{censored} Version ?

It must have a MBR patch, because ever since Snow Leopard, you needed a GPT formatted disk.

That installer + using Legacy BIOS & MBR Partition, would allow a Quad-Boot Laptop.

1. Kali Linux 2. Windows 7 Ultimate 3. Mavericks 4. PC-BSD

?

You're very welcome! So far I'm loving the build quality of the unit and the power for something as cheap and thin. ;p
The patched kernel that I have used and using for my OS-X build is inside the .zip at the downloads section of OSX86.net
Just replace it with yours on the /root of your USB and also when you've installed your Mavericks on the /root of your HDD.?biggrin.png?

Sadly, the method I used was the myHack method. This was because I was in a rush and the myHack is very much automated and includes an MBR install method which is quite handy. The first thing I did with my Dell was to convert it from GPT to MBR?tongue.png?I love legacy it's so much easier to work with.

And indeed, an MBR partition table will allow a maximum of 4 Logical partitions = 4 operating systems, but there's nothing stopping you from booting from an image from within a partition = unlimited OS's!?biggrin.png

Personally, I like Visualization, no messing around with the new annoying GRUB2 bring back GRUB ~0.97! -.-

So last week I treat myself to a new laptop, leaving my older Acer Aspire V3-571G behind, of which I have done multiple posts and tutorials on OSX86.net.

?

The new laptop which I purchased is a Dell, usually I don't go for Dell but this one, I just needed, it is lovely and feels really premium with it's full forged aluminium body (Apart from the bottom panel -.- (kinda fells like a Macbook Pro?tongue.png)) and also decent specs for it's price.

Specs & hardware that I can list straight off my head are the following;

• Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Haswell ULV @1.6GHz & Turbo Boost 2.6GHz
  • Intel® HD Graphics HD4400
  • Nvidia GeForce GT750M 2GB GDDR5
  • 6GB RAM DDR3 @ 1600MHz
  • Intel® Haswell ULT-IMC NorthBridge
  • Intel® Lynx-Point-LP with ALC283
  • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
  • 15.6" Corning Gorilla Glass 10 Point Touch Screen

When I first bought the laptop, the first few things I did was get rid of that horrible GPT formatted disk, change the UEFI BIOS to Legacy BIOS and I changed the Wireless card instantly in preparation for installing Mavericks. To my trusty Atheros AR9285.?

I also had a left over USB with Mavericks Installer still on it from when I used it to install on my Acer Aspire V3-571G.

So I went for it! But nothing. Reboots before any sort of Verbose was shown on my screen.

I thought it was to do with the NVIDIA GT750M so I deleted the .kexts from /USB/System/Library/Extensions..

This didn't work.?

So then I had a quick think, and I then thought it was to do with the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext & locked MSR's.

And it was! But this isn't a .kext that I am talking about, Apple changed a few things around with the release of Mavericks and most of the Power Management stuff happens right in the mach_kernel itself for Haswell CPU's that is. sad.png sads.

If you would like the mach_kernel that I have patched please let me know! It works only for 10.9.0!

?

Anyway, before I rant on and on here's a wee bit of proof.

You can refer to this :http://www.{censored}.com/laptop-compatibility/112993-would-my-dell-inspiron-17-7000-hackintosh-able.html

?

Imitatesmile.png