Chanellafer

[In-Progress] Dell 15 7537 with HD4400

Question

So last week I treat myself to a new laptop, leaving my older Acer Aspire V3-571G behind, of which I have done multiple posts and tutorials on OSX86.net.

?

The new laptop which I purchased is a Dell, usually I don't go for Dell but this one, I just needed, it is lovely and feels really premium with it's full forged aluminium body (Apart from the bottom panel -.- (kinda fells like a Macbook Pro?tongue.png)) and also decent specs for it's price.

Specs & hardware that I can list straight off my head are the following;

• Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Haswell ULV @1.6GHz & Turbo Boost 2.6GHz
  • Intel® HD Graphics HD4400
  • Nvidia GeForce GT750M 2GB GDDR5
  • 6GB RAM DDR3 @ 1600MHz
  • Intel® Haswell ULT-IMC NorthBridge
  • Intel® Lynx-Point-LP with ALC283
  • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
  • 15.6" Corning Gorilla Glass 10 Point Touch Screen

When I first bought the laptop, the first few things I did was get rid of that horrible GPT formatted disk, change the UEFI BIOS to Legacy BIOS and I changed the Wireless card instantly in preparation for installing Mavericks. To my trusty Atheros AR9285.?
I also had a left over USB with Mavericks Installer still on it from when I used it to install on my Acer Aspire V3-571G.
So I went for it! But nothing. Reboots before any sort of Verbose was shown on my screen.
I thought it was to do with the NVIDIA GT750M so I deleted the .kexts from /USB/System/Library/Extensions..

This didn't work.?

So then I had a quick think, and I then thought it was to do with the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext & locked MSR's.
And it was! But this isn't a .kext that I am talking about, Apple changed a few things around with the release of Mavericks and most of the Power Management stuff happens right in the mach_kernel itself for Haswell CPU's that is. sad.png sads.

If you would like the mach_kernel that I have patched please let me know! It works only for 10.9.0!

?

Anyway, before I rant on and on here's a wee bit of proof.

post-102720-0-72282600-1389738332_thumb.

So last week I treat myself to a new laptop, leaving my older Acer Aspire V3-571G behind, of which I have done multiple posts and tutorials on OSX86.net.

?

The new laptop which I purchased is a Dell, usually I don't go for Dell but this one, I just needed, it is lovely and feels really premium with it's full forged aluminium body (Apart from the bottom panel -.- (kinda fells like a Macbook Pro?tongue.png)) and also decent specs for it's price.

Specs & hardware that I can list straight off my head are the following;

• Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Haswell ULV @1.6GHz & Turbo Boost 2.6GHz
  • Intel® HD Graphics HD4400
  • Nvidia GeForce GT750M 2GB GDDR5
  • 6GB RAM DDR3 @ 1600MHz
  • Intel® Haswell ULT-IMC NorthBridge
  • Intel® Lynx-Point-LP with ALC283
  • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
  • 15.6" Corning Gorilla Glass 10 Point Touch Screen

When I first bought the laptop, the first few things I did was get rid of that horrible GPT formatted disk, change the UEFI BIOS to Legacy BIOS and I changed the Wireless card instantly in preparation for installing Mavericks. To my trusty Atheros AR9285.?

I also had a left over USB with Mavericks Installer still on it from when I used it to install on my Acer Aspire V3-571G.

So I went for it! But nothing. Reboots before any sort of Verbose was shown on my screen.

I thought it was to do with the NVIDIA GT750M so I deleted the .kexts from /USB/System/Library/Extensions..

This didn't work.?

So then I had a quick think, and I then thought it was to do with the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext & locked MSR's.

And it was! But this isn't a .kext that I am talking about, Apple changed a few things around with the release of Mavericks and most of the Power Management stuff happens right in the mach_kernel itself for Haswell CPU's that is. sad.png sads.

If you would like the mach_kernel that I have patched please let me know! It works only for 10.9.0!

?

Anyway, before I rant on and on here's a wee bit of proof.

?

Hi,

?

Could you explain how you got HD4400 to work??

?

Thanks