Chanellafer

[In-Progress] Dell 15 7537 with HD4400

Question

So last week I treat myself to a new laptop, leaving my older Acer Aspire V3-571G behind, of which I have done multiple posts and tutorials on OSX86.net.

?

The new laptop which I purchased is a Dell, usually I don't go for Dell but this one, I just needed, it is lovely and feels really premium with it's full forged aluminium body (Apart from the bottom panel -.- (kinda fells like a Macbook Pro?tongue.png)) and also decent specs for it's price.

Specs & hardware that I can list straight off my head are the following;

• Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Haswell ULV @1.6GHz & Turbo Boost 2.6GHz
  • Intel® HD Graphics HD4400
  • Nvidia GeForce GT750M 2GB GDDR5
  • 6GB RAM DDR3 @ 1600MHz
  • Intel® Haswell ULT-IMC NorthBridge
  • Intel® Lynx-Point-LP with ALC283
  • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
  • 15.6" Corning Gorilla Glass 10 Point Touch Screen

When I first bought the laptop, the first few things I did was get rid of that horrible GPT formatted disk, change the UEFI BIOS to Legacy BIOS and I changed the Wireless card instantly in preparation for installing Mavericks. To my trusty Atheros AR9285.?
I also had a left over USB with Mavericks Installer still on it from when I used it to install on my Acer Aspire V3-571G.
So I went for it! But nothing. Reboots before any sort of Verbose was shown on my screen.
I thought it was to do with the NVIDIA GT750M so I deleted the .kexts from /USB/System/Library/Extensions..

This didn't work.?

So then I had a quick think, and I then thought it was to do with the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext & locked MSR's.
And it was! But this isn't a .kext that I am talking about, Apple changed a few things around with the release of Mavericks and most of the Power Management stuff happens right in the mach_kernel itself for Haswell CPU's that is. sad.png sads.

If you would like the mach_kernel that I have patched please let me know! It works only for 10.9.0!

?

Anyway, before I rant on and on here's a wee bit of proof.

post-102720-0-72282600-1389738332_thumb.

Hi, ?I have a Dell 17R ?that is very similar to your machine. ?I have the i7-4500 processor but the same HD4400 GPU. ?I started working on hacks several years ago, but I still consider myself a newbie. ?Right now I am running on 10.9.2 with a patched kernel. ?It took awhile to get there with that ###@!$ EFI setup stuff. ?

?

Right now I have had to use a USB ethernet plugin to get Ethernet going. ?I have the Realtek RTL8139 and have had no luck so far. ?I plan on trying the kexts from this site tonight.

?

Sound is the Realtek ALC 283 which is not working. ?I will check out the kext above as well.

?

My wifi is the Atheros AR9565 which seems to be no mans land right now. ?Have been trying various 80211IOFamily patches with no luck so far. ?

?

On my last laptop hack I spent a lot of time building a dsdt and was trying to avoid it. ?My guess is that I will have to bite the bullet and engage. ?A lot has changed in the last two years.

I will start with the above sample.

?

Of course the system is running puke slow which is due to the power management issues. ?Wish there was an easy way to get this fixed! Using Cham 2273 with azul inject of 3 and ig of 0000160a

?

I will be back with my progress. I would welcome suggestions.

Chanellafer Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:54 PM
?
"The patched kernel that I have used and using for my OS-X build is inside the .zip at the downloads section of OSX86.net
Just replace it with yours on the /root of your USB and also when you've installed your Mavericks on the /root of your HDD.?
?
Sadly, the method I used was the myHack method. This was because I was in a rush and the myHack is very much automated and includes an MBR install method which is quite handy. The first thing I did with my Dell was to convert it from GPT to MBR I love legacy it's so much easier to work with."

?

?

Thank you, for Sharing The Knowledge !!!

?

I've since bought a, "Dell Inspiron 17R (5537)", ?and will use, ALL of the info provided by OSx86 members on this post, to make this Laptop, a Quad-Boot MacBook Pro Killer.

?

9 years experience in building Multi-Boot, Hackintosh Systems using Dell, + determination will equal success, eventually.

?

3 weeks down, more to go ....

?

Once accomplished, I will update my Profile Specs, as well as how I finally got this Laptop to work, for all essential hardware.

?

Thank you to ALL !!!

I have 10.9.2 working almost perfectly [it's even coming back from sleep] on my Inspiron 15R 5537 ---

?

OK, you're going to want to get a hold of myHack and an AppStore copy of 10.9.2.

Use Pokengyuen's thread?HERE?and my thread?HERE?to help you boot to a perfect copy of Mavericks with working everything!

pokengyuen's thread is the perfect guide, I included mine because it shows the errors I had an some of my fixes!

?

?

Obligatory screenshot to keep you hoping!?

iQHiGbF.png