Chanellafer

[In-Progress] Dell 15 7537 with HD4400

Question

So last week I treat myself to a new laptop, leaving my older Acer Aspire V3-571G behind, of which I have done multiple posts and tutorials on OSX86.net.

?

The new laptop which I purchased is a Dell, usually I don't go for Dell but this one, I just needed, it is lovely and feels really premium with it's full forged aluminium body (Apart from the bottom panel -.- (kinda fells like a Macbook Pro?tongue.png)) and also decent specs for it's price.

Specs & hardware that I can list straight off my head are the following;

• Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Haswell ULV @1.6GHz & Turbo Boost 2.6GHz
  • Intel® HD Graphics HD4400
  • Nvidia GeForce GT750M 2GB GDDR5
  • 6GB RAM DDR3 @ 1600MHz
  • Intel® Haswell ULT-IMC NorthBridge
  • Intel® Lynx-Point-LP with ALC283
  • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
  • 15.6" Corning Gorilla Glass 10 Point Touch Screen

When I first bought the laptop, the first few things I did was get rid of that horrible GPT formatted disk, change the UEFI BIOS to Legacy BIOS and I changed the Wireless card instantly in preparation for installing Mavericks. To my trusty Atheros AR9285.?
I also had a left over USB with Mavericks Installer still on it from when I used it to install on my Acer Aspire V3-571G.
So I went for it! But nothing. Reboots before any sort of Verbose was shown on my screen.
I thought it was to do with the NVIDIA GT750M so I deleted the .kexts from /USB/System/Library/Extensions..

This didn't work.?

So then I had a quick think, and I then thought it was to do with the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext & locked MSR's.
And it was! But this isn't a .kext that I am talking about, Apple changed a few things around with the release of Mavericks and most of the Power Management stuff happens right in the mach_kernel itself for Haswell CPU's that is. sad.png sads.

If you would like the mach_kernel that I have patched please let me know! It works only for 10.9.0!

?

Anyway, before I rant on and on here's a wee bit of proof.

post-102720-0-72282600-1389738332_thumb.

So last week I treat myself to a new laptop, leaving my older Acer Aspire V3-571G behind, of which I have done multiple posts and tutorials on OSX86.net.

?

The new laptop which I purchased is a Dell, usually I don't go for Dell but this one, I just needed, it is lovely and feels really premium with it's full forged aluminium body (Apart from the bottom panel -.- (kinda fells like a Macbook Pro?tongue.png)) and also decent specs for it's price.

Specs & hardware that I can list straight off my head are the following;

• Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Haswell ULV @1.6GHz & Turbo Boost 2.6GHz
  • Intel® HD Graphics HD4400
  • Nvidia GeForce GT750M 2GB GDDR5
  • 6GB RAM DDR3 @ 1600MHz
  • Intel® Haswell ULT-IMC NorthBridge
  • Intel® Lynx-Point-LP with ALC283
  • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
  • 15.6" Corning Gorilla Glass 10 Point Touch Screen

When I first bought the laptop, the first few things I did was get rid of that horrible GPT formatted disk, change the UEFI BIOS to Legacy BIOS and I changed the Wireless card instantly in preparation for installing Mavericks. To my trusty Atheros AR9285.?

I also had a left over USB with Mavericks Installer still on it from when I used it to install on my Acer Aspire V3-571G.

So I went for it! But nothing. Reboots before any sort of Verbose was shown on my screen.

I thought it was to do with the NVIDIA GT750M so I deleted the .kexts from /USB/System/Library/Extensions..

This didn't work.?

So then I had a quick think, and I then thought it was to do with the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext & locked MSR's.

And it was! But this isn't a .kext that I am talking about, Apple changed a few things around with the release of Mavericks and most of the Power Management stuff happens right in the mach_kernel itself for Haswell CPU's that is. sad.png sads.

If you would like the mach_kernel that I have patched please let me know! It works only for 10.9.0!

?

Anyway, before I rant on and on here's a wee bit of proof.

hi Chaneller,

?

???????? i have same configuration (HP Pavilion 15-n208tx) but only working N{censored} 10.8.2.dmg? i tried many time 10.9 ver but.. when start boot immediately restarting.?

?

please help me any idea. how can install 10.9 ver.

Hi there, I have the non-touchscreen version of this laptop, got some problem when entering the installation.

?

using 10.9.2, and I got a reboot after a "Customizing SystemID with : 44454c4c-0000-1000-8000-80c04f000000"

?

Any idea?

Loading Darwin 10.9Kernel Cache ignoredLoading kernel /mach_kernelRead HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 4096 bytes.Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 8252288 bytes.kernel_patcher.c[534]: Patching 64bit XNU Kernel 13.0.0Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: Thu Nov 14 04:09:30 EST 2013; admin:xnu-2422.1.72/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_x86_64commpage_patch.c[87]: _commpage_stuff_routine patched.lapic_patch.c[76]: lapic_init panic removed.bootstrap_patch.c[167]: KLDBootstrap::readBooterExtensions() call injected into KLDBootstrap::readPrelinkedExtensions(void* section_64).Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 22968 bytes.using PCI-Root-UID value: 0Intel Unknown [8086:0a16] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)===== AUDIO DEVICE INFO ====Audio controller found! start InjectionClass code: [0403]Model name: Unknown HD Audio device [8086:0a0c] (rev 09)Subsystem: [1028:05f9]PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)device number: 2=== END AUDIO DEVICE INFO ======= AUDIO DEVICE INFO ====Audio controller found! start InjectionClass code: [0403]Model name: Intel Lynx Point-LP Hight Definition Audio Controller  [8086:9c20] (rev 04)Subsystem: [1028:05f9]PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)device number: 3=== END AUDIO DEVICE INFO ==LAN Controller [10ec:8168] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x3)/Pci(0x0,0x1)Setting up lan keysSATA device : [8086:9c03 :: 0106], changed to ICH6 ESB2Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/smbios.plist] 741 bytes.CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U COY @ 1.6GHz, family 0x6, model 0x45Customizing SystemID with : 44454c4c-0000-1000-8000-80c04f000000

after I met this post, I download your package and use all of them, still stuck here.

After a long time of trail & error with a Chameleon based install, I finally gave up. But as of a few days ago, I stumbled upon Pokenguyens tutorial on OSXLatitude (the one on Tony***X86 is a little bit outdated compared to OSXLatitude)

?

I was able to get my Dell up and running better with GPT and Clover UEFI Bootloader. So I must thank you Pokenguyen!

To all other people, please follow the guide there, it's much easier.?encouragement.png?

Thank yah, Chanelle...?wink.png

After a long time of trail & error with a Chameleon based install, I finally gave up. But as of a few days ago, I stumbled upon Pokenguyens tutorial on OSXLatitude (the one on Tony***X86 is a little bit outdated compared to OSXLatitude)

?

I was able to get my Dell up and running better with GPT and Clover UEFI Bootloader. So I must thank you Pokenguyen!

To all other people, please follow the guide there, it's much easier.?encouragement.png?

Thank yah, Chanelle...?wink.png

?

@Chanelle,

?

I initially followed pokenguyen's tutorial (pretty good I might add) for an E7440, but I've been unable to get QE/CI (graphics acceleration) working properly. Looks like our model shares almost identical specs. Have you had any luck??