m.gbt

[GUIDE] UEFI Mavericks 10.9.x & El Capitan 10.11.2+ on Samsung NP530U3B

Running 10.11 GM with the very same working/not working from 10.9, except for USB 3.0 which might never work :(

I'll wait for 10.11 final release to update the guide, I believe there will be no need to create a new one because almost everything is the same or can be adapted to work for both versions.

Hello Nscxp2005, I haven't had time since the GM release but I believe the same workings and not workings remain. Unfortunately wake after sleep is not working either, and that together with the USB3 port makes me feel that the system is just not stable enough for daily usage. That's why I didn't update the guide. I will if someday I find a fix at least for the wake issue, however I'm kinda hopeless about it because the fix applied to Mavericks should work for every release, but doesn't for ElCap... :(

Fixed display issue. Used RehabMan's instruction?to generate and install?AppleBacklightInjector.kext. He said we have to uninstall?ACPIBacklight.kext in order to work correctly, but everything is working fine with ACPIBacklight, including dimming effects and FN F2/F3 for brightness. I also had to update clover to latest version (installed to hd) in order to display brightness work.

?

Current status with El Capitan Public Beta:

?

WORKING

- Display working fine using above settings

- Bluetooth is working fine (using tethering now with my iPhone and Magic Mouse).

- Battery indicator working fine

- Scrolling gestures with touchpad (only if you set the scroll speed to be 1-5, 7 or 8. If I set the slider to 6, two finger scroll stops).

- Keyboard commands with FN

- Integrated camera

?

DIDN'T TEST YET

- Ethernet

- Card reader

?

NOT WORKING YET

- Audio

- USB3

?

Geekbenck results here. Results were slightly lower on single core and slightly better with multi-core, running with 8gb RAM.

?

I'll post here when I fix Audio and USB3.

?

So far I'm very happy with El Capitan performance with this notebook, it's running way faster than my dead Core2Duo MacBook Air.

?

Waiting for my D-Link?DWA-131 arrive to connect to wifi. I will install now my working tools (Coda, Photoshop, Transmit, Espresso, Mamp..) and pray for stability.ou?

?

?

Can you share?AppleBacklightInjector.kext ?

the AppleBacklightInjector method is useless with this laptop, for El Capitan you must use the newest ACPIBacklight and that's all :) the rest is the same as on the guide

Leocg/Polishapple,

Could you post the very latest clover package that works with this laptop and the Np540u3c as well.

Thanks

Edited by Nscxp2005