Gymnae

[Solved] Asrock Z68 won't boot properly

Hello everyone,
?
I ususally don't like to register just because I need help or ask a question. It's not really giving back to the community, but I am just not able to get my Clover setup to work by itself.
?
I switched to Clover and did a complete re-install after coming from Chimera. For that?I created a USB stick following some tutorials I found online.
The EFI drivers on the stick are listed below. The only injecte kext is FakeSMC in the 10.9 kext folder
?
I am using UEFI boot.
My specs:
CPU: Core i5 3470
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280X - (works nearly perfect ootb)
RAM: 8GB
MOBO?Asrock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 - beta bios allowing CMS off option

The install process took very long (kinda got stuck at the "Less than a second remaining" screen during the first install phase, but after some time it rebooted and installed the rest. I was able to log into the newly installed Mavericks directly after the install with the stock config.plist created by the Clover installer.

UEFI drivers:
EmuVariableUefi-64
FSInject-64
HFSPlus
OsXAptioFixDrv-64
OsxFartBinarxDrv-64
?
Current status
After the first boot (which was succesfuill, see above) I followed the Clover wiki to generate a config.plist with genconfig and put that on the Stick. Ever since then the following happens:

No matter what fixes I activate or deactivate, the System boots to the Apple Logo, sticks for some time with the spinning circle and Apple logo, then it switches to an all grey screen, I see a mouse pointer and thats all that happens. Sometimes the mouse pointer switches to a spining beach ball of death. No activity on any LED after that.

I am really stuck here. Could it be the config.plist? I tried creating several with the configuration editor and wiki help, but non boots the system anymore.

So sad. Please help?

Also, I posted a thread seeking help creating a DSDT.aml when I tried out Chimera on another forum. ?See here?with Clover, I understand, such anDSDT is not needed, as it can be created once the system has booted up with a working config.plist.

This is current config.plist I am trying out, it was created by the Clover installer package:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>ACPI</key>	<dict>		<key>DSDT</key>		<dict>			<key>Debug</key>			<false/>			<key>Fixes</key>			<dict>				<key>AddDTGP_0001</key>				<true/>				<key>AddHDMI_8000000</key>				<true/>				<key>AddIMEI_80000</key>				<true/>				<key>AddMCHC_0008</key>				<false/>				<key>AddPNLF_1000000</key>				<true/>				<key>DeleteUnused_400000</key>				<true/>				<key>FIX_ACST_4000000</key>				<true/>				<key>FIX_ADP1_800000</key>				<true/>				<key>FIX_INTELGFX_100000</key>				<false/>				<key>FIX_RTC_20000</key>				<true/>				<key>FIX_S3D_2000000</key>				<true/>				<key>FIX_TMR_40000</key>				<true/>				<key>FIX_WAK_200000</key>				<true/>				<key>FakeLPC_0020</key>				<false/>				<key>FixAirport_4000</key>				<true/>				<key>FixDarwin_0002</key>				<false/>				<key>FixDisplay_0100</key>				<true/>				<key>FixFirewire_0800</key>				<true/>				<key>FixHDA_8000</key>				<true/>				<key>FixHPET_0010</key>				<true/>				<key>FixIDE_0200</key>				<false/>				<key>FixIPIC_0040</key>				<true/>				<key>FixLAN_2000</key>				<true/>				<key>FixRegions_10000000</key>				<true/>				<key>FixSATA_0400</key>				<false/>				<key>FixSBUS_0080</key>				<false/>				<key>FixShutdown_0004</key>				<true/>				<key>FixUSB_1000</key>				<false/>				<key>NewWay_80000000</key>				<true/>			</dict>			<key>Name</key>			<string>BIOS.aml</string>		</dict>		<key>DropTables</key>		<array>			<dict>				<key>Signature</key>				<string>DMAR</string>			</dict>			<dict>				<key>Signature</key>				<string>SSDT</string>				<key>TableId</key>				<string>CpuPm</string>			</dict>			<dict>				<key>Signature</key>				<string>SSDT</string>				<key>TableId</key>				<string>Cpu0Ist</string>			</dict>		</array>		<key>HaltEnabler</key>		<true/>		<key>SSDT</key>		<dict>			<key>EnableC2</key>			<false/>			<key>EnableC4</key>			<false/>			<key>EnableC6</key>			<true/>			<key>EnableC7</key>			<false/>			<key>Generate</key>			<dict>				<key>CStates</key>				<true/>				<key>PStates</key>				<true/>			</dict>		</dict>	</dict>	<key>Boot</key>	<dict>		<key>DefaultVolume</key>		<string>MacHDD</string>		<key>Fast</key>		<false/>		<key>Legacy</key>		<string>PBR</string>		<key>Log</key>		<false/>		<key>Timeout</key>		<integer>5</integer>		<key>XMPDetection</key>		<string>-1</string>	</dict>	<key>Devices</key>	<dict>		<key>Audio</key>		<dict>			<key>Inject</key>			<string>No</string>		</dict>		<key>FakeID</key>		<dict>			<key>ATI</key>			<string>0x0</string>			<key>IMEI</key>			<string>0x0</string>			<key>IntelGFX</key>			<string>0x0</string>			<key>LAN</key>			<string>0x0</string>			<key>NVidia</key>			<string>0x0</string>			<key>SATA</key>			<string>0x0</string>			<key>WIFI</key>			<string>0x0</string>			<key>XHCI</key>			<string>0x0</string>		</dict>		<key>Inject</key>		<false/>		<key>USB</key>		<dict>			<key>AddClockID</key>			<true/>			<key>FixOwnership</key>			<true/>			<key>Inject</key>			<true/>		</dict>	</dict>	<key>DisableDrivers</key>	<array>		<string>Nothing</string>	</array>	<key>GUI</key>	<dict>		<key>Hide</key>		<array>			<string>Windows</string>			<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>		</array>		<key>Language</key>		<string>en:0</string>		<key>Mouse</key>		<dict>			<key>Enabled</key>			<true/>			<key>Speed</key>			<integer>8</integer>		</dict>		<key>Scan</key>		<dict>			<key>Entries</key>			<true/>			<key>Legacy</key>			<true/>			<key>Tool</key>			<true/>		</dict>		<key>TextOnly</key>		<false/>		<key>Theme</key>		<string>applestyle</string>	</dict>	<key>Graphics</key>	<dict>		<key>Inject</key>		<dict>			<key>ATI</key>			<false/>			<key>Intel</key>			<true/>			<key>NVidia</key>			<false/>		</dict>		<key>PatchVBios</key>		<false/>	</dict>	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>	<dict>		<key>AppleRTC</key>		<true/>		<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>		<true/>		<key>Debug</key>		<false/>		<key>KernelCpu</key>		<false/>		<key>KextsToPatch</key>		<array>			<dict>				<key>Comment</key>				<string>External icons patch</string>				<key>Find</key>				<data>				RXh0ZXJuYWw=				</data>				<key>Name</key>				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>				<key>Replace</key>				<data>				SW50ZXJuYWw=				</data>			</dict>		</array>	</dict>	<key>RtVariables</key>	<dict>		<key>LogEveryBoot</key>		<string>10</string>		<key>LogLineCount</key>		<integer>3000</integer>		<key>MountEFI</key>		<true/>	</dict>	<key>SystemParameters</key>	<dict>		<key>InjectKexts</key>		<string>Detect</string>		<key>InjectSystemID</key>		<true/>	</dict></dict></plist>

?

?

Edit: Please the this post for a working config.plist

?

The following EFI drivers were needed in the end:

• FSInject-64
  • HFSPlus
  • OsxAptioFixDrv-64
  • OsxFatBinaryDrv-64

The only kext I neeeded to boot was:

• FakeSMC
Edited by Gymnae

Apparently this is an video issue...

?

Why you have Inject/Intel=true??? Did you tried false???

?

Did you tried Inject/ATI=true???

?

Take a picture when it hangs booting verbose and attach here...

Apparently this is an video issue...

?

Why you have Inject/Intel=true??? Did you tried false???

?

Did you tried Inject/ATI=true???

?

Take a picture when it hangs booting verbose and attach here...

?

Wow, fast response - thanks also for adding the Spoiler code :)

?

I tried several config.plists - pretty sure one was also without Intel inject tru - I will try again tonight, though. Interesing why the clover installer choses this option by itself.

?

I know that ATI inject leads to a black screen after the apple and circle screen. With chimera the r9 280x, which is a hyped 7970 tahiti, booted without GraphicsEnabler and injection, just OOTB.?

Wow, fast response - thanks also for adding the Spoiler code :)

?

I tried several config.plists - pretty sure one was also without Intel inject tru - I will try again tonight, though. Interesing why the clover installer choses this option by itself.

?

I know that ATI inject leads to a black screen after the apple and circle screen. With chimera the r9 280x, which is a hyped 7970 tahiti, booted without GraphicsEnabler and injection, just OOTB.

The instance with the AMD sounds like a FB issue. Have you considered: http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/kext-editing/editing-atiamd-framebuffer-personality/

The instance with the AMD sounds like a FB issue. Have you considered: http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/kext-editing/editing-atiamd-framebuffer-personality/

?

That is one massive blog post - with some massive work, if this is needed.?

The fact that it booted once and booted with Chimera, doesn't this indicate that patching the kext by hand is not necessary? As I understand the process, this would be needed with every OS update where the drivers are changed. I bought the 7970 (R9 280x) with the goal that it would work without such middling, as forum users commented it is natively supported by OS X starting with 10.8.5

That is one massive blog post - with some massive work, if this is needed.

The fact that it booted once and booted with Chimera, doesn't this indicate that patching the kext by hand is not necessary? As I understand the process, this would be needed with every OS update where the drivers are changed. I bought the 7970 (R9 280x) with the goal that it would work without such middling, as forum users commented it is natively supported by OS X starting with 10.8.5

Well if it's working without injection, unless you really need the injection, don't use it, because the whole point of injection is to choose a FB for you. And if it's broken with injection, the only explanation I can think of is FB is broken...