big_bum

Stuck at boot after update to 10.9.2

Question

I'm having the following problem and I can't seem to get rid of it: My updated hackintosh gets stuck at "Waiting for DSMOS". After a while being in that state, the HDD turns off (I can hear it) and the machine doesn't do anything else. I've tried everything that I read in the Internet (moving some kexts, adding an updated FakeSMC, GraphicsEnabler=No) but everything I do doesn't work.

The thing is that the machine doesn't get stuck, I can still press the keyboard and get feedback on the console, but the boot process stops at Waiting for DSMOS.

?

Any ideas are appreciated! TY!

?

[sOLVED]!

?

I've found nvidia kexts from here: http://www.{censored}.com/graphics/112968-nvidia-hardware-acceleration-issue-after-mavericks.html#post690838

Downloaded them, updated web driver, and noweverything works as it should!

Edited by big_bum

4 answers to this question

It boots, but it seems that I've lost nvidia driver and acceleration.

Also, I can't boot without -f -F flags. It booted fine in 10.9.1 without these flags. What can I do?

I don't know if I were using patched kexts. There were the one included in N{censored} 10.9. I've already updated to 10.9.1 and got no problems at all.

I got my video working again, but I still can't get 3D acceleration: dashboard renders on CPU, Finder flashes when opening in list mode, etc. Also I've noticed that "About this Mac" shows me no displays, although the graphics card is detected correctly.