Sign in to follow this  
esse76

Some help needed with HP 110 009el desktop and Snow Leopard

Question

hi peepz i have a little problem installing snow leopard on my desktop...

here are the specifics of the desktop:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03905278#N85

here some more specifics from Ubuntu :

http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/hardware/201301-12638/components/

now the problem is...i maneged to put Snow Leopard Retail image on USB through "Virtualbox",maneged to make it boot with MB{censored}....but as soon as i start the desktop and make boot from the USB after a few seconds pop on the screen the message i have to reboot my PC...

i am assuming that has someting to do with some kext thing is i have no idea witch one...

an suggestionrolleyes.gif

many thanks in advance for the help

P.S. i've forgotten to mation that my PC is an Intel based PC

2 answers to this question

These two don´t play together with OSX. sad.png

?

?

If you can, disable NV graphics in BIOS and try again.

?

Ivy Bridge cpus are supported with 10.8 or better, but it should be possible to install 10.6 with a legacy_kernel and Nawcom´s mod.

Nawcoms Mod is available in the DL section.

(Don´t use the hacks stolen from a couple of developers.?Stick with the originals: Nawcom or myHack.)

?

If you are going for 10.8, a custom boot stick will be needed to get into the installer.

All graphics kexts from /System/Library/Extensions have to be removed from the stick.

If installation is done, your HD2500 can perhaps be enabled as described here:?http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287668-guide-intel-hd2500-full-resolution-and-qeci-1083/

?

Edit: As for old laptops, GMA-950 and GMA-X3100 are very well supported with 10.6 32bit.

Sandy bridge systems or better without a dedicated graphics chip can be hackintoshed rather easily too.

Everything between X3100 and Sandy Bridge iGPU is basically not supported. System with dual GPUs are unsupported too, but some can be tweaked to use the Intel iGPU solely.

These two don´t play together with OSX. sad.png

?

?

If you can, disable NV graphics in BIOS and try again.

?

Ivy Bridge cpus are supported with 10.8 or better, but it should be possible to install 10.6 with a legacy_kernel and Nawcom´s mod.

Nawcoms Mod is available in the DL section.

(Don´t use the hacks stolen from a couple of developers.?Stick with the originals: Nawcom or myHack.)

?

If you are going for 10.8, a custom boot stick will be needed to get into the installer.

All graphics kexts from /System/Library/Extensions have to be removed from the stick.

If installation is done, your HD2500 can perhaps be enabled as described here:?http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287668-guide-intel-hd2500-full-resolution-and-qeci-1083/

?

Edit: As for old laptops, GMA-950 and GMA-X3100 are very well supported with 10.6 32bit.

Sandy bridge systems or better without a dedicated graphics chip can be hackintoshed rather easily too.

Everything between X3100 and Sandy Bridge iGPU is basically not supported. System with dual GPUs are unsupported too, but some can be tweaked to use the Intel iGPU solely.

unfrtunately the HP motherboards have a quiet limited BIOS handling....

so i can't disable the Ivy Bridge.. the only thing i can do for the Graphic card is enable disable VGA..."tryid it already and nothing both enable and disabled VGA"

?

was thinking and tryed too to instal ML 10.8.2 .3 both retail and iatkos verions..

on retail dropped the OS on the usb and set the BIOS UEFI boot not to boot with HP firmware "which means disable all HP keys"

on PC boot hit F9 and pop up the window for selection,the USB i used for the OS installation ain't showed up on the list..

tryed with iatkos ML 10.8.3 made for UEFI booting,boot the pc F9 and come up on periferics selection the USB, but when i select it the PC accept the selection, but the screen become and remain black and nothing happen..

?

"quiet an effort HP did to make those desktop UEFI unaccessible for other OS than theirs"

or

"i am probably the dumbest person in the world quiet possible tongue.png "

?P.S now i was trying to searc on the net how to disable ivy bridg on my pc and nothing popped upwacko.pngwacko.png