Question

Hey guys, I am new to the whole mackintosh thing.

?

My problem is the following.

I have a MOBO with an ALC 889 audio codec, I have tried a lot... and I mean A LOT, patched appleHDA and HDAenabler etc and despite that I see the kexts load with -v when I go to System Preferences I get "No sound output devices found".

?

I have found a work-around with voodooHDA 2.7.3 (for some reason 2.7.3 is the only one that it is working but I get sound lags after some times and the quality is medium.

Every other voodooHDA gives me crackling shitty sound. Also the HDMI output is not detected even with 2.7.3 .

?

I am using Chameleon bootloader up to date.

My OS X version is 10.9.1 .

?

My specs are:

MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-D3 (not UD3, its D3)

CPU: Phenom II x4 960t (non-core-unlocked)

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6870 Black Edition

SSD: Sandisk 128Gb Ultra II

?

Any help is greatly appreciated.?

The kext i gave is for 10.9.3 .but you have prob with your kernel.my AMD system has this issue before.use 2.7.3 voodoo

Try this kernel..........https://www.dropbox.com/sh/up1sisa42khb5z2/AABkBBmQn-kgI1pNTph6Q4bxa

?

You might also need to change kext........from 10.9

?

corecrypto.kext

system.kext

?

The kext you gave me had appleHDAs for all versions.

I am trying that kernel right away, shall I also upgrade to 10.9.3? (I haven't done it till no due to the possibility of the OPEMU loop bug)

?

EDIT: the kernel appears to be working fine. I reinstalled voodoo 2.7.3 from start and the result its the same. I have sound with 2.7.3 but at some cases it is delayed or has gaps.?

Do you have Opemu error?Try different kernel & sandbox. Kext(10.9) . Use boot flags arch=x86_64.also try vlc 32bit player.

Use systemchk or Darwin dumper.upload dump files here

Do you have Opemu error?Try different kernel & sandbox. Kext(10.9) . Use boot flags arch=x86_64.also try vlc 32bit player. Use systemchk or Darwin dumper.upload dump files here

?

?

I reistalled OS X without any preinstalled kexts. After the installation I installed voodooHDA 2.8.5 and the kernel you gave me and it worked perfectly, vlc is working, the sound quality is great. The only thing that does not work now is quicktime (has lag spikes) but I don't use it anyway.

However the appleHDA and HDAEnabler don't work if I uninstall voodooHDA which is strange.. anyhow its fine now! not a single strange sound or lag or whatever from the morning!

?

Thank you for all your help!!

?

I have a problem with my graphics card also regarding games. I will make another post when I gather more intel about it.