JuninhoDG

XFX HD 6850 not working after update to 10.9.3

Question

Hi everyone. I had to update my Hackintosh to Mavericks 10.9.3 because the XCode6 Beta just run on this version or newer.

The problem: After the update I installed the VoodooHDA2.8.4 cause my audio was not working (I use HDMI cable, but the audio cable is pluggled in the PC's jack, not in TV), and after the installation of VoodooHDA2.8.4 and restarting of my system, my AMD HD6850 didn't work in the OS. I've seen something about install the Kext AMD6000Controller.kext which is [not in my case] inside the /System/Library/Extensions folder, but when I search in this folder it's not there. I don't know what happened.

?

I you help me to make onboard video work on it, will also be helpfull, I don't mind about it, just want video working.

?

Thanks for the help!

?

My configuration:

GPU: AMD 6850 XFX

4gb RAM

SSD Kingston 120gb (OS X is installed in here)

Core i3

Motherboard H61MXV Foxconn

2 answers to this question

Don't know how you updated, but without AMD6000Controller.kext your card is not going to work.

With Pacifist you can open your OS X update file and copy AMD6000Controller.kext

If you want onboard video to work you've to tell us which i3 you have. It had to be HD3000.

Something like this: http://ark.intel.com/products/59080/Intel-Core-i3-2125-Processor-3M-Cache-3_30-GHz

Type in terminal:

kextstat | grep AMD
Output should be:

com.apple.kext.AMDSupportcom.apple.kext.AMD6000Controllercom.apple.AMDRadeonAcceleratorcom.apple.kext.AMDFramebuffer
For a HD3000 try this: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3568-new-109-intel-hd-3000-hd-4000-driver/

Hi Rene. Well, after try really hard to recover my installation, I decided to reinstall over again. I suppose that the problem was something with the boot loader (in my previous installation I used Chimera / Chamaleon, in the new one I boot via USB using Clover). By the way, I posted some minutes ago about how to "copy the USB boot options to the hard drive" cause I don't like the idea of booting your system just with an USB stick.

?

Anyway, thank you very much for the help.