zooiit

DSDT - HP xw4600 - some issues left

Question

Hi guys, I am trying to get hackintosh working on my system.
I hopefully included all logs and files needed. You can find them below the system specs: I have come from far, my original DSDT is a mess and had alot of errors probably because of my quite closed BIOS/Motherboard. In case you want to know, I extracted my DSDT with ubuntu liveUSB
?
I partially fixed but there are a few issues I would like to nail(See attached log below):
?

• Sep 24 17:16:04 localhost kernel[0]: FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2) (Might be fixable: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/196359-firewire-issues/)?FIXED
  • Sep 24 17:16:13 localhost kernel[0]: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode? FIXED
  • Sep 24 17:16:13 localhost kernel[0]: ** AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider?FIXED
  • PciRoot not detect in chameleon FIXED
  • Proper sleep: monitor/GPU doesn't wake after sleep
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 20060413092100000 0xbda 0x181 0x8197, 2 not an error
  • EHCI - FIXED

?I also hope if someone can take a look at my DSDT to see if I edited it correctly:
?
System
PC: HP - xw4600
Motherboard: HP 0AA0H, ICH9R chipset, BIOS version: 1.22
GPU: ASUS HD5770
CPU: Core2Quad Q9450@2,66Ghz
WLAN: RTL8191SU
LAN: Broadcom 5755 NetXtreme Gigabit
RAM: 4GB DRR2 Dual-Channel with ECC
SOUND: Realtek ALC262
+ Firewire PCI card
+ DVD-RW drive
+ BD-drive
+ 9in1 Cardreader
?
Logs and files:
lspci output: http://pastebin.com/xSSUZ5zV
dmesg: http://pastebin.com/dmQWUFzH
part of system.log: http://pastebin.com/PQcq6vhE
DSDT(original + my fixed version): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xjkggjec01ly632/AADrpguZpM68W9Z-_dEAbjwha/Hackintosh?dl=0
Also includes a winmerge report to see the differences yourself

?

Bootflags Used: Aticonfig=Eulemur, UseKernelCache=Yes, GenerateCStates=Yes GeneratePStates=Yes PCIRootUID=1 (However 0 works too)? -v
?
CPU:
This one is weird, speedstepping always worked OOTB but I didn't had an scope _PR with CPU's defined in original DSDT which caused C-states + P-states not to be generated with chameleon. Modified/added a _PR scope/block to DSDT and this is fixed. However still getting a:
Invalid Character Found in ProcessorOP. However before it was getting 4-8 of these Invalid Characters Found messages
?
?
GPU:
Works pretty good straight OOTB. QE/CI enabled. Also Tested? with COD4 and it works good but I have under windows more sensors, like voltage etc...
I think it doesn't wake up properly though.
?
LAN:
I think it works pretty good with the opensource 5722D.kext from adlan. So nothing to add I guess
?
WLAN:
Works with the official 10.8 driver and utility from the realtek site. Only thing is that I don't like the utility, prefer to use the built-in settings but that's not critical.

?

Sound:

Works with voodooHDA, prefer native support but that's a bit hard for me at this time. ALC262 is not supported by the scripts floating around here, so all has to be done manually. For time being I resort to voodooHDA, as this isn't that critical. Clues and thoughts on this are appreciated.

?

USB:

USB was a bit flaky, didn't work if I booted without -f. So I had to patch my DSDT:

I generally changed all device ID's to ICH10R ones, Changed internal naming so USB1 -> UHC1, etc…

Removed the 0, 2, 8 IRQflags from the RTC, IPIC and TIME devices.

Assigned 0, 8, 11 and 15 to HPET device. I assigned four IRQflags as in IORegisteryExplorer I saw that there were 4 values. Should only 0 and 8 be added to DSDT? and let it automagically assign the other 2?

?

Anyway USB works, however if I unplug my keyboard and try to replug it. Numlock(+numlock LED light) doesn't work anymore, but I guess this is another issue and not USB related. Is this right? Also the keyboard doesn't enumurate when plugged in the usb of the card-reader. I have somehow the feeling that this keyboard is a bit flaky too as my mouse does get always enumerated, on every USB port. Also tested with SD and microSD, and these worked too. So it might be my keyboard too.

?

Also can I steal the IRQ flags from the PS/2 stuff in DSDT? I don't use PS/2 keyboards or mouses?

?

?

DVD/BD - Drives:

DVD and BD drive works but I haven't tested burning. As I don't have BluRay-Discs so I tested a DVD and that worked. So the device itself is working I guess.

?

Thanks in advance.

I am not scared of doing this myself but I have absolutely no idea what's the right way of doing it. I just did what felt right and worked.

Edited by zooiit

Here's a new DSDT for test >?http://cl.ly/0B0D431H1Y0b

?

Based at your post, the main difference between your old one and this new one

will be Device HDEF and Device FWRW added...

?

Device HDEF for ALC262 (don't forget to remove VoodooHDA and use patched AppleHDA)

Device FRWR was added based on MacKonsti's patch, I don't know if will work though (make sure to use MacPro3,1 SMBIOS)...

?

For?SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode?message, try Allan's

suggestion and update your FakeSMC and plugins >?http://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/

?

Sleep may be affected by numerous reasons, let's try to fix other things first and Sleep will be the last one...

?

This is only a test, for an better approach, we still need a Full DarwinDumper report...

Hi thanks so far, didn't expect such a swift response.

I can't provide a dump now and for the rest of the day. I'll do a dump tomorrow. anymore logs/dumps you need. Also I can't test you're DSDT, will be forwarded to tomorrow too.

Also I believe I am using the new FakeSMC, Rene told me already to do that.

Another thing I found out was that my devices have some strange namings. I found out that SLT3 in DSDT refers to the firewire device and I believe SLT5 is the ethernet controller. Did you take that into account by adding the firewire device?

You probably noticed the FDC0 device too, but the funny thing is that I don't have a Floppy Disk Controller installed :P

And I forget to mention in the OP that my sensors don't work optimal. I only get the frequency and temperature of CPU and only temperature of GPU and Hard Disks. But would like to see the other sensors of MoBo and fan speeds. You can see SEN1 device in DSDT but LPCsensors don't recognize the SuperIO on my MoBo.

?

?

regarding the audio, that kext is not for 10.9, is it? Or should I patch my current kext myself somehow? And it might be that audio is already defined as some SLT device too???

?

But first things first; I get back to you tomorrow.

With:
DarwinDump
Reinstalled/Updated FakeSMC
Small test of provided DSDT

?

Edit:

Quickly looked through the DSDT you provided here on my windows-working laptop and I see you removed ?AAPL,clock-id from all UHCI devices, ?can you elaborate? (Yes I do want to learn something ;) )

I saw you updated the EHCI part too, no questions ?about that. Seems you cleaned it up a bit and addes some else statements with return zero.?

Thanks, hope to test it tomorrow as I will be home late, today.

Edited by zooiit

Hi thanks so far, didn't expect such a swift response.

I can't provide a dump now and for the rest of the day. I'll do a dump tomorrow. anymore logs/dumps you need. Also I can't test you're DSDT, will be forwarded to tomorrow too.

OK...

?

Did you take that into account by adding the firewire device?

No, I didn't took this in count, because, to know this I need your IOReg dump...

I used the device adress instead...

?

And I forget to mention in the OP that my sensors don't work optimal. I only get the frequency and temperature of CPU and only temperature of GPU and Hard Disks. But would like to see the other sensors of MoBo and fan speeds. You can see SEN1 device in DSDT but LPCsensors don't recognize the SuperIO on my MoBo.

OK, we can fix this too...

?

?

regarding the audio, that kext is not for 10.9, is it? Or should I patch my current kext myself somehow? And it might be that audio is already defined as some SLT device too???

An older kext may work on a newer system, so, that kext may work for you...

Better is always to patch your own...

?

?

But first things first; I get back to you tomorrow.

With:

DarwinDump

Reinstalled/Updated FakeSMC

Small test of provided DSDT

Nice!

?

?

Edit:

Quickly looked through the DSDT you provided here on my windows-working laptop and I see you removed ?AAPL,clock-id from all UHCI devices, ?can you elaborate? (Yes I do want to learn something ;) )

AAPL,clock-id under USB devices, usually prevent wake from sleep using Mouse/Keyboard...

I'd like to first try this way, then add it if sleep doesn't work properly...