Sign in to follow this  
Cliff Kelly

Can't boot Niresh Installer

Question

I can not boot into installer> Downloaded installer and burnt to cd with Win32Disk Imager. When I boot i get as per Image attached. Could anyone help with this??

?

My system: HP h8-1221 ?x64-based Pc, Windows 7 Home Premium,Intel I7-3770 CPU 3.40GHz. Bios AMI 7.11, SMBIOS v2.7. 8 GB Ram. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650

?

Windows is on it's one drive.

I had ML and Mavericks 10.9 installed on my second drive. Both ML and Mav were working great,everything was working.

?

I decide I did not need both versions of OS X so I deleted ML and added Ubuntu to the drive. Had a problem had to format drive.

Then I installed Ubuntu--working fine, Now I am trying to put OS X on a separate partition but the installer will not boot.

I have also tried the EasyBCD method as shown in N{censored} guide,but I get the same result.

?

?FYI: the installer boots fine in VM

?

Thank You.

post-614103-0-33609900-1414022415_thumb.

1 answer to this question

When you say the installer boots fine in VM are you talking about the Disk image or the burned CD? ?It sounds like the Disk image did not burn correctly. ?You said you burned the image to CD, did you mean DVD, the Disk image is over 5Gbs, and you have to use a Dual Layer DVD. ?Also Mavericks was designed to be installed using a Bootable USB, not a DVD try creating a Bootable USB.

?

With your system I would recommend using a Vanilla Install,( The OS X original system Files a not modified), , it is the most reliable Hackintosh system you can build. ?To do a Vanilla install, you need a Real Mavericks OS X DMG file obtained from the Apple App store, ( It is a free download ), for that you will to have access to a real Mac or working OS X VM install. ?Once it is downloaded and installed in you Applications Folder, you can use MyHack USB Installer to create the USB installer, Boot off of your USB and install Mavericks.