Question

The latest obstacle between me and my first hackintosh using OSX YOSEMITE:

?

I used WIndows 7 to build an installer USB using Deepak's guide for a windows 7 USB installer.

?

I included the latest FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement kexts in the clover bootloader (EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10).

?

I added what I assume to be the necessary boot flags to clover's config.plist by adding the following lines at the top of config.plist, after the opening plist and dictionary tags.

<key>Arguments</key>

<string>kext-dev-mode=1 GraphicsEnabler=yes -v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1</string>

?

Clover does not recognize these flags on its own. When I booted without manual flags I did not get the verbose boot I asked for in arguments (Do I need to move the closing key tag for arguments so that the string is nested inside?)?

?

Anyway, when I entered the above boot flags manually and tried to boot, the PC shut down and restarted very early in the boot process. Here's the last screen I saw before reboot:

?

?

Yosemite_Boot_FAIL_Scrn_Shot.jpg

?

?

Immediately after the final line my computer shuts down. I only got this shot bc I was justsitting there waiting for it :).?

?

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be??

I wonder if I made a mistake building the USB? I could try again using OSX.

?

I attached the above image to this post.

post-646718-0-52286300-1416499790_thumb.

?

I'd really appreciate any help or advice you guys can offer.?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

You no need to use PCIRoot and Graphicsenabler=yes( use clover injector Nvidia=true)

The issue you have is with cache.try boot without cache or -s mode and rebuild it.

Sounds good, I'll make the graphics injector change in config.plist and try a safe mode boot tonight.?

?

I'm new to clover (and hackintosh) can you point me to any guides or threads on rebuilding the cache in OSX?

?

Thank you for your help!

Thanks for your reply Deadman, I've been trying different approaches....

?

I;m still unable to boot with this installer. I've tried manually entering the boot flags:

?

-s, -x, npci=0x2000, kext-dev-mode=1, -v

?

I also set the AMD Injector in clover config to "true" ( I have AMD Radeon R9-280x graphics card)

?

The installer did return a different error but I don't have access to the image... I will post it later.

?

I do seem to be having issues getting clover to read the config.plist file in my USB's boot partition. I wonder if building the installer in windows leaves more room for errors, so I've been trying to make a yosemite installer in mac os. Sadly, I'm not too experienced with macs yet, and I haven't had any luck with the terminal commands I've used so far.?

?

Could you point me to a guide or script I can run in mac osx to make a yosemite installer using install osx yosemite.app?

Hi again,

?

I just got back to this project (sorry I left you hanging) I still haven't been able to boot with this installer.

?

Booting with the following flags gave me the same error:

?-x, npci=0x2000, kext-dev-mode=1, -v

?

I still see the message ".Using safe mode"