Question

First make sure that your OSX S/N is valid but not registered.

?

Go to?https://selfsolve.apple.com/?and enter your serial number?

?

If you got message

We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

thats good, if you got any other message you should change your serial number and check it until you got these message.

?

This means your OSX S/N does not match an existing MAC's S/N but it does pass all of Apples S/N validation checks.?

?

Now you can call Apple?support and tell them that your iMessage and FaceTime is not working?

They will ask for your Serial Number and?registered it?

Operator will give you all instructions?

?

​Finally backup your nvram.plist or Extra folder because it will enable iMessage and FaceTime if you update or reinstall your OS!

?

?

Edited by jocaburn

6 answers to this question

First make sure that your OSX S/N is valid but not registered.

?

Go to?https://selfsolve.apple.com/?and enter your serial number?

?

If you got message

We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

thats good, if you got any other message you should change your serial number and check it until you got these message.

?

This means your OSX S/N does not match an existing MAC's S/N but it does pass all of Apples S/N validation checks.?

?

Now you can call Apple?support and tell them that your iMessage and FaceTime is not working?

They will ask for your Serial Number and?registered it?

Operator will give you all instructions?

?

​Finally backup your nvram.plist or Extra folder because it will enable iMessage and FaceTime if you update or reinstall your OS!

?

?

?

Where can i find serie number on my Asus laptop working on Yosemite will it work with Yosemite? thanksss

Where can i find serie number on my Asus laptop working on Yosemite will it work with Yosemite? thanksss

You can download Chameleon Wizard and generate smbios, you will see serial number field?

what? i don't understand what you mean.

What part didn't you understand?

For me it worked 100% i just had to call Apple support in Croatia because Serbia doesn't have apple support yet ?