Sign in to follow this  
UnDeaD_AmP

My Hackintosh freezes when I unplug/plug in USB devices sometimes...

Question

:( I was watching a video in chrome, and i plug in my iPhone, the whole system just froze. it also occurs when i unplug a USB device like my webcam. Any ideas? I tried USBBusFix and no luck.?

?

Running on OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

?

GA-Z97M-DS3H

IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 USB

TP-Link TL-WDN4800 ?for wifi

Logitech C510 Webcam

AULA backlight led keyboard

Logitech mouse

Kingston 120GB V3 SSD

Intel Core i3 4360

ThermalTake 550w PSU

?

Using Chameleon.

?

Video of it freezing while watching a video. Sorry Waj. :c Just so happened to be your video, love your videos though.?

?

Edited by UnDeaD_AmP

Hi, I have a similar problem, I have 4G wimax usb internet and when it's signal is blocked and gives kernel panic with backtrace in iousbfamily.kext and then restarts. Iousbfamily problem is probably a bug, do not know exactly who know better to explain and us.

Edited by ovidoi

?

Hi, I have a similar problem, I have 4G wimax usb internet and when it's signal is blocked and gives kernel panic with backtrace in iousbfamily.kext and then restarts. Iousbfamily problem is probably a bug, do not know exactly who know better to explain and us.

?

As for the USB wifi problem, i ordered a wifi card, the TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCI-e wifi card and have no regrets. it works amazing in OS X. i recommend that you get one.

As for the USB wifi problem, i ordered a wifi card, the TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCI-e wifi card and have no regrets. it works amazing in OS X. i recommend that you get one.

As i told you before it time for you change chameleon to? Clover .

You might have USB bus issue.It can be fixed by dsdt patch.

or you also can have issue with CPUpm try -xcpm bootflag

KP occurs when the signal falls suddenly, any place on the usb works correctly only 4g wimax this trouble.

@UnDeaD_AmP thx, but 4G wimax not same wifi, is wireless long distance radio.

Edited by ovidoi

As i told you before it time for you change chameleon to? Clover .

You might have USB bus issue.It can be fixed by dsdt patch.

or you also can have issue with CPUpm try -xcpm bootflag

:( Hm.... Is it possible to just reinstall clover bootloader over my current install or no??

?

and as for the CPUpm thingy, not sure what that does... i'll try that bootflag anyway.

?

EDIT ~ I used the -xcpm bootflag and so far...

?

After 20 or so usb plugs/unplugs, no freezes, i tried rebooting with the same bootflag, no problems, i tried sleeping, then waking from sleep. plug in USB no problems. :) Will report back by monday if all is well, or sooner if anything goes wrong.

?

EDIT: one time it froze... any way to find and post the log for it freezing, tried again and thats the only time it froze.

Edited by UnDeaD_AmP