Sign in to follow this  
votolom

Clover not booting from EFI after disk change

Hey guys,

?

First post so I will do my best to explain the situation that I (all by myself) got myself into!

?

First the spec:

MSI H61M-P23
Intel Core i3-2100 @3.1GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT240 512MB

Qualcom atheros ar8151 v2 -ethernet

Voodoo 48000 -audio

?

Ok, until yesterday I had a perfectly running system - 2 HDDs installed - one 250GB for Windows and another 320GB for Yosemite 10.10.2 runing on Clover.

?

I then decided to add a 3rd disk to the lot and installed a 64GB SSD to transfer the Yosemite installation to. HDD Yosemite cloned to SSD Yosemite, rebooted and Clover asked where to boot from - I choosed the SSD drive, it booted fine and everything was great.

?

Ok but rather than leaving it that way, and keep the old HDD Yosemite installation for a backup, I decided to clean things out and have it nice and simple. Formatted the 320GB HDD drive where the Yosemite and Clover installations used to be and now... I can't boot from the Clover EFI Partition on the SSD - it gets stuck on the Apple logo when I select the SSD Yosemite installation. As it can't find the BOOTX64.efi. SSD Recovery is getting stuck on the Apple logo as well.

?

When booting for the Clover Bootable USB and selecting the Yosemite SSD to boot from, it is working perfeclty fine!

?

What do you think, is that the reason ? I edited the config.plist "DefaultVolume", it doesn't help. May be i should modify the "Legacy" part of the config.plist? Or should i give an exact path to the BOOTX64.efi in the "DefaultLoader" ???

?

Thanks in advance for the help guys and sorry for the long post!

Edited by votolom

You need to install clover on ssd. If u already installed and it's not working.just copy ur usb clover to ssd EFI partition

Thank you for the prompt reply.

?

It is installed. I even re-formated the EFI under FAT32 and reinstalled clover r3168 again.

?

As you said i will try to copy/replace the USB EFI to the SSD EFI and will let you know.

Last night I stayed up until 3AM trying to figure out what's wrong and thought about the most complicated scenarios..

?

Could not imagine that the kexts in the EFI partition won't be copied, but this well, this was it. So as suggested, I just copied the kexts form USB/EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.10 to?EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.10 (NullCPU..; FakeSMC; Ethernet;), replaced the config.plist (it wasn't really necessary to do so, but wanted to replace the other already messed up version with a cleaner one) and voila!

?

Thank you :)

Edited by votolom