Sign in to follow this  
cbm02080

Shared NTFS drive: data corruption/missing files.

Question

Ok I am having some problems. ?I have searched everywhere and have been unable to come up with a solution. ?First off I have a dual boot Win8.1/OSX 10.9 system using chameleon bootloader. ?Windows is installed on an SSD and OSX is installed on the first partition of a 1TB HD. ?The 2nd partition on the OSX boot drive is a shared drive for data. ?I have tuxera installed because NTFS-3g/osxfuse was giving me the same issue. ?

?

The issue is that everytime I write files from my mac install to the shared D drive and then boot into windows the files are gone. ?If I change files that were already there (example itunes library) the files become corrupted and unusable on either OS. ?When I am in Mac the files are usuable writable and seem to have no issues. ?It is only when I go back to windows I have problems. ?This does not happen on my external drive (also NTFS).

?

Research pointed me to hibernation issues. ?I had already disable windows hibernation via registry edit, but learned that the windows fast boot option is a type of hibernation. ?I could not find the option to disable fast boot on my PC and realized it is because it is a laptop. ?I went ahead and disabled this feature with a bat file i downloaded anyway. ?The problem I saw with this theory is hibernation files of any kind should be written to the C drive, which I have disabled from mounting in OSX.

?

This has lead me to believe it is something on my mac end. ?Has anyone experienced similar issue? have any ideas? solution?

?

Sorry if this is confusing it is hard to explain and search for. ?Thanks in advance for any feedback

?

?

More details on my system from my build post a while ago (since then I added the share drive and migrated my install to the larger HD. ?updated to OSX mavericks and it automatically fixed my hdmi issue.)

http://www.hackintoshosx.com/topic/18324-clevo-p150em-hackintosh/

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet