Sign in to follow this  
HacMacNoob

Noobiest Virgin DSDT for Gigabyte X99-UD5

Question

Hi I am new here and very noobish, apologies in advance. I have had a friend construct my hackintosh from the following components

?

Intel 5930K 3.50GHz (Haswell-E) Socket LGA2011-V3 Processor -
Gigabyte X99-UD5 WIFI Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C16 2400MHz Quad Channel Kit
Crucial BX100 1.0TB SSD SATA 6Gbps 7mm Solid State Drive
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 WindForce OC 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Corsair Professional Series AX 760W '80 Plus Platinum' Modular Power Supply (
NZXT H630 Silent Ultra Enthusiast Tower Case
Siig 3-Port Texas Instruments (TI) Chipset Firewire 800 Card - PCI Express
Corsair Hydro H110i GT 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler replaced with Noctua NH-D15
LG BH16NS40 16x SATA Internal BDRW

?

I had to swop out the cooler because (a) it was overkill, )B) I am not overclocking and ? Corsair have recalled them due to a fault, anyway I digress

?

I dont know if I need a dsdt, and dont know how to find out if I do, whther the one on the board will work as is, or how to write one. The hackintosh via Yosemite 10.10.2 will be used to run a recording studio, (Protools 11) and a sales office, no gaming ! I will be using a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 firewire device for audio i/o which I think will give me my audio capabilities. However the mobo has the Realtek® ALC1150 8-channel high definition audio fitted and it would be nice if all of the components on the board are setup for mac osx and ready to run if I need them.

?

Can anybody offer up any assistance/direction/help ? As I have never done anything like ths ever I know the learning curve will be very steep, so any assistance will be very much appreciated.

1 answer to this question

DSDT patching may be required (it's not mandatory) if you find that some hardware or some computer features cannot/do not work OOB. Graphics card for instance, but also audio card or Sleep/Wake or shutdown. It's a 2nd stage activity, install OS X 1st, then you'll see.

Edited by RV_ABZ