Link12765

Yosemite Touch Screen works but no trackpad

Question

Hello, I have recently been making a hackintosh out of my Acer V5-571. I originally installed Mavericks using a link from an installation guid for mavericks and got everything but the touchscreen to work ( I wasn't even sure that touchscreen worked on OS X) and the brightness of the screen to be brighter. I installed Yosemite instead hoping to fix my brightness issue, which still persists. My real problem that I want to solve before fixing the brightness is that Yosemite only recognizes the touchscreen. So the touchscreen works but the trackpad doesn't, the complete opposite of when Mavericks was installed. I want to have both the touchscreen and the trackpad working. Here is my system specs.

?

Processor: 2.29 GHz Intel?Core?i5

Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics:?Intel?HD?Graphics 4400 1536 MB

?

Edit: I just woke the computer from sleep and the trackpad is working, the only problem is what it was doing on mac before. The trackpad is recognised as a mouse and there is no multitouch. I did get the trackpad to recognize as a trackpad in mavericks.

?

Here are the kexts I used to get everything working:

ACPIBatteryManager.kext.zip

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext.zip

RealtekRTL8111.kext.zip

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

IO80211Family.kext.zip

IOath3kfrmwr.kext.zip

Edited by Link12765

2 answers to this question

You can request a trial driver for your touch screen at:

?

http://www.touch-base.com

?

I use their Driver and Utilities for my Microsoft Surface Pro with OS X.

If you contact them and include your Mode and specs for your Acer, they will send you a trial driver.

I believe you digitizer is a Elan Microelectronics 10 point multitouch.?

It may be expensive, I went in with 10 other people for a great volume discount.

?

As for the touchpad try this kext:

http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4261-elan-touch-pad-kext-385/

The touch screen is working perfectly fine, my problem is that the trackpad will not work correctly. right now I got it to "work" as a regular mouse but I have no multitouch at all. I tried the kext you mentioned but it only worked for my keyboard, the trackpad was not recognized. When I had Mavericks installed the trackpad was recognised and it worked flawlessly, I used the Smart touchpad kext from the original post to get it to work.?