Sign in to follow this  
evem69

Looking for a miracle

Hello guys, i'm trying to become a graphic desiner so i was looking for good programs on the? web.. Then i find out that they are all for mac.. =/
So here is the problem i have 2 windows pc with the same hardware expect for the graphic card:

?

Cpu= Intel pentium E2160

Ram=2gb ddr2 333mhz

MotherBoard= asustek p5ld2-x/1333

GraphicCard= Radeon x1550 or nvidia 6200LE

?

I know, i have really hold computes, but guess what.. i have to deal with it, i can't afford by now buying a new pc, If i could start working properly with better softwares for things like HTML5 i could afford to buy a Mac, without issues and a proper hardware
I know that if i could install the OS it would be slow, or other strange things could happen.
That's what i managed to reach by know. Installing ML2 with clover by using smbios change to names like MacBook4,1 to MacPro3,1 but it stops on RTC:only single ram bank (128k)

?

I do really hope someone could help me out, any version of the OS would be awesome, i don't really care.
?

Best Regards

Emanuele

?

?

?

Ps:sry for the english, i'm working on it :P

Your board should run with OSX 10.6 or higher. However the CPU may have issues with Apple´s stock kernel.

As a workaround, you could try Nawcom´s legacy_kernels for OSX builds higher than 10.6.2.

Also it occurs to me that ATI X1300/X1550 were only supported in Snow Leopard 10.6.

No idea about your NV6200, but I know my NV7100 iGPU was unsupported in OSX.

A main obstacle for OSX is the sATA operation mode. If you can set sATA to AHCI in BIOS, things may just work.

?

So for now, I would go for a Snow Leopard setup, maybe with a legacy_kernel.

Apple still sells 10.6: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

Nowcom´s mod CD is here: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/1561-nawcom-modcd-0-3-2/

?

Best wishes!

sorry for a late response.. i can't try by now but i know that i can only switch in bios mod sATa to pAta.. there is nothing else.. nothing like AHCI

wich bootloader should i use?? clover? Or something else

Clover offers the best support for hacking new boards enabling all Apple features.

Chameleon is probably easier for getting things rolling.

Nawcom´s Mod uses an old flavor of Chameleon by the way.

?

AHCI was often disguised by names like "legacy", "compatible" or else.

If you are missing any option like that, you might look for a modded bios or simply give Nawcom´s Mod a whirl.

If you reach the OS X installer and no HDD is seen, your sATA controller is unsupported.

Chances are not too bad that Nawcoms Mod picks up your ICH7 controller somehow though.