Rene

Clover Fake ID HD5450 Yosemite, El Capitan

On 17 de abril de 2016 at 20:36, Rene dijo:

After it shows the gray screen you should wait. Loading from the USB takes more time than you would expect. After the Apple bar it will still take more time to load, please wait.

You could try some other framebuffers (FBConfig).

When booting Clover, press the cursor key when you see the disk list.

Select:

> Options

> Graphics Injector

> FBConfig:

Type after FBConfig: Shrike

or Hoolock

or Langur

Please type it correct or it will not work for sure :P

If you want to boot without caches:

Go to your boot disk when booting Clover and press spacebar. Now select boot without caches.

I made some changes in your config.plist. Please try it.

config.plist.zip

What brand is your Video card. ASUS? Sapphire, MSI, XFX?

And which ports do you have on it VGA, DVI and HDMI?

Hello and sorry to be so late. I have been little busy. I tried to make clean installation by USB as you recommended. I told you that it hangs on a gray screen, but I was not a hang. I realized that now the graphic card was detected so when I put my tv (HDMI connection) I saw the install menu. I could no see there is it has recognized  1024mb but at less HDMI run. I proceed with the installation in another partition (same disk as before). Now I have another Mac (hahaha) but this time graphic card recognizes 524mb (quite more than 7mb) but now I have no internet connection in this unit. So I faced lot of problems but I realized that with a good installation it might run well. No I have no lot of time to do it but I will try asap. Another problem I am facing now is that every change I make on the EFI works or brakes both Installations. When I have more time I will try to reinstall everything. Thank you very much for your help. (one more thing SHRIKE runs not Eulemur) thanks 

Hi, I used fakeID method in Yosemite and it works perfect for my ATI 6850M card, but this does not work in EI Capitan at all. The system boots up with black screen if ATI injector is true. Any idea why this is not working for 10.11?

Thanks!

This Guide is not for a 6850M (Mobile) but for a 5xxx card. You were just lucky it worked in Yosemite if you ask me.

The Fake ID loads the kexts for a 5xxx card not for a 6xxx.

You could try to find a Device ID for a working 6xxx card.

Or try to follow this Guide

I've been trying to get a Radeon 5750 card running under El Capitan.

I'm a little confused by the process, especially the fakeID method vs kext method that someone mentioned were mutually exclusive.

I'm using Clover and have tried the fake ID method but with no success. I think the ATI code for a 5750 is 0x68be but have also seen it as 0x68b8 in the fake ID - are these codes sometimes different? I fairly sure the cards hardware ID is 0x68be as I've read that from hardware listings. What I don't ubsterstand with the fake ID method is where the multi mb driver software for the graphic card come from? Does Clover have the code built into into its files for many graphics cards?

The kext method seems much more complex. There seems to be 4 or 5 kext needed to get a 5xxx card working including (confusingly) an ATI3000 kext as well as a 5000 series kext and various accelerator and framebuffer kexts. Can anyone confirm the exact files needed for a Radeon 5750 with 1024mb of vram?

I also believe that the config.plist has to be edited to 1. Allow the system to use the kexts by disabling its SIP (System Integrity Protection) 2. Using utilities such as KB{censored} and Kext Wizard to put them in the correct folder and get them properly configured and to load at bootup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I've spent days researching and so far have a running system with 5mb graphics, sound and no internet, although my main concern is the graphics.

Many thanks.

Edited by FrogBlastTheVentCore

On 10/29/2016 at 4:53 AM, FrogBlastTheVentCore said:

I've been trying to get a Radeon 5750 card running under El Capitan.

I'm a little confused by the process, especially the fakeID method vs kext method that someone mentioned were mutually exclusive.

Yes, the FakeID and kext methods are mutually exclusive.  FakeID spoofs your graphics card's Device ID as that of another GPU.  The purpose of this is to avoid having to add the non-working GPU's DevID to the kext(s) (the kext method) after every update.

The AMD Radeon HD 5770 (Device ID '0x68B81002') is a 'Juniper' GPU like your HD 5750, so spoofing your GPU as a 5770 should activate the necessary drivers to get it working:

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
    <key>FakeID</key>
    <dict>
      <key>ATI</key>
      <string>0x68B81002</string>
    </dict>
</dict>

Notice how we're using the HD 5770 Device ID.  That's the ID we want to spoof as.

I've had mixed results with FakeID; if you've tried this to no avail, you may have no choice but to do the kext method.