Sign in to follow this  

Black screen AGAIN after 10.10.4 update, please help!

Question

AMD Radeon 7850M, successfully updated to 10.10.3 by modifying info.plist of?AMDRadeonX4000.kext, changed?AMDVerdeGraphicsAccelerator?as:

<key>CAIL_DisableDrmdmaPowerGating</key>                <integer>1</integer>                <key>CAIL_DisableDynamicGfxMGPowerGating</key>                <integer>1</integer>                <key>CAIL_DisableGfxCGPowerGating</key>                <integer>1</integer>                <key>CAIL_DisableGmcPowerGating</key>                <integer>1</integer>                <key>CAIL_DisableStaticGfxMGPowerGating</key>                <integer>1</integer>                <key>CAIL_DisableUVDPowerGating</key>                <integer>0</integer>                <key>CAIL_DisableVCEPowerGating</key>                <integer>1</integer>

Right now I Combo updated to 10.10.4, the screen went black again after loading kexts, tried fixing with the above method but didn't work, now it went black even I enabled the Safe Mode~~~~

Here is my notebook info:

HP Envy 17t-3200 CTO 3D
Board:HP 1852 (Intel Ivy Bridge - HM76 Express)
CPU:3rd Gen Core i7-3820QM @ 2.70 GHz Quadcore
Graphic Card:ATI Radeon HD 7850M/8850M
Sound Card:High Definition Audio Device @
Ethernet Card:Attansic AR8151 V2.0 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Wireless Card:Intel? Centrino? Ultimate-N 6300 AGN
DVD ROM:HP BD E DC6E2SH Blu-Ray Combo
Bluetooth:Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0

External Keyboard:Logitech MK330 USB 3.0

It seems that BIOS has blocked the Intel HD Graphics on my notebook. Also I am using chameleon booting method with extracted graphic rom file and the following SMBios.plist settings:

?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" ""><plist version="1.0"><dict>                <key>SMbiosdate</key>                <string>04/22/11</string>                <key>SMbiosvendor</key>                <string>Apple Inc.</string>                <key>SMbiosversion</key>                <string>MBP81.88Z.0047.B04.1102071707</string>                <key>SMboardproduct</key>                <string>Mac-94245B3640C91C81</string>                <key>SMfamily</key>                <string>MacBook Pro</string>                <key>SMmanufacter</key>                <string>Apple Inc.</string>                <key>SMmanufacturer</key>                <string>Apple Inc.</string>                <key>SMproductname</key>                <string>MacBookPro8,1</string>                <key>SMserial</key>                <string>C02F9DHNDH2G</string>                <key>SMsystemversion</key>                <string>1.0</string></dict></plist>?

Seeking for help~~~ Many thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

You might need id patch so try add card ids to kext?

?

Thank you for your reply, The card ID is 1002_6827, which is originally listed in the kext info.plist. So I don't think I need to add the id again~~~

Thank you for your reply, The card ID is 1002_6827, which is originally listed in the kext info.plist. So I don't think I need to add the id again~~~

If its working on 10.10.3 then it should work 10.4 .So if u have older installer u might try to change kext

If its working on 10.10.3 then it should work 10.4 .So if u have older installer u might try to change kext

?

Thank you fro the advice, but do you mean replacing with the older AMD7000Controller.kext and?AMDRadeonX4000.kext on 10.10.3? I tried but it didn't work.

?

Then I get some questions about modifying FB values:

?

I connected my laptop to a HDMI TV, and found that while laptop was showing black screen, TV showed up completely white screen with no cursor or anything. Does that mean that I should change the numbers of video ports?

?

Also I extracted Framebuffer info from my rom file, it showed as following:

?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?senseid? ?? ? txmit? ?? ?enc

eDP? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ? 02? ?? ?? ?? ???21? ?? ???03

DisplayPort 1 ? ? ? ? ? ? ?03? ?? ?? ?? ???12 ? ? ? ?04

DisplayPort 2 ? ? ? ? ? ? ?04 ? ? ? ? ? ? ?22? ?? ???05

HDMI ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?01 ? ? ? ? ? ? 11 ? ? ? ?02

?

However I couldn't find any corresponding Framebuffer Personalities under AMD7000Controller, the AMD Radeon HD 7850M card's IDs are: 1002_6827, and so I searched the info from here:?http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/i386/libsaio/ati.c#L1233, and the FB info showed as this(line 1233):

{ 0x6827,0x00000000, CHIP_FAMILY_VERDE,"AMD Radeon HD 7800M Series",kPondweed}, // Mobile

It seems that the corresponding FB personality would be Pondweed, but its actually an AMD6000Controller one and its original values are:

————————-AMD6000Controller.kext————————-Pondweed (3) @ 0x19bb70LVDS, DP, DP020000000001000009010100100005050004000004030000000102001102010100040000040300000001030021030202

The problem is I don't have any LVDS port and I have no idea what it is, I only got 2 Display ports and an HDMI port on my laptop. So i think my laptop screen is using the eDP port. Upon such situation, do you know which personality should I use? previously from 10.10 to 10.10.3 I have always been setting up Buri as the FB in Chameleon plist file but haven't modified any FB values in AMD7000Controller.kext and it has always been working fine. I have no idea how I should change the FB values. Do you have any idea about this?

?

I have attached the rom file and Framebuffer files for reference

ROM.zip

Edited by 171621

OK, so no one can answer my question, then I'll do it myself: found a temp solution, which is replacing the 10.10.4's Framebuffer file in MacOS folder of AMDFramebuffer.kext with 10.10.3's Framebuffer, then install the modified AMDFramebuffer.kext back to S\L\E, clear caches and fix permissions. reboot and enjoy~~~~