theconsumer1

[GUIDE] GA-Z97-D3H - Core i5 - GTX650 - EL CAPITAN

[GUIDE] GA-Z97-D3H - Core i5 - GTX650 - EL CAPITAN

UPDATE:  Now on MacOS Sierra - Build is Flawless! (see guide on osx86.net)

desktop.jpg

Specs:

• GA Z97-D3H (rev 1.1, I am using F9, have used F7 and F8. F7 booted fastest)
  • Core i5 4430 Haswell 3.0 GHz
  • EVGA GTX650 1024mb
  • 8GB G.Skill 1333MHz
  • ASUS USBN13 Wireless Adapter
  • 120GB SSD
  • 750GB HDD
  • 160GB HDD
  • 10.11.1 OSX El Capitan

Working:

• App store
  • Wifi (USB)
  • Audio (ALC1150 - Onboard)
  • Ethernet (via kext)
  • Power Mangement
  • Wake/Sleep
  • Graphics
  • Probably one of the most functional hacks out there.

Issues:

• Random KP very rarely every (Once per 2 weeks- system restarts)... Could be related to failing hardware, not sure.

Notes:

•  Onboard ALC1150 is used for this system
  • If struggling with enabling Audio, I recommend the    Syba USB 2.0 External Virtual 7.1 Surround Sound Card Adapter Sound Cards SD-CM-UAUD71    for a cheap solution ($9.00USD) - Works perfect (I Have two).
  • This build uses an SSDT and DSDT - (Optional)

Installation:

The best way to create a USB installer is with the tool made by an InsanelyMac user that automates the manual actions. Heres the link, otherwise there are tons of other tutorials for a USB.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307003-clover-os-x-el-capitan-usb/

Note:  The Installation for El Capitan requires no removing of Ram or any BS like that. Simply plug and play.

Bios Settings:

• Disable VT-d
  • Set XHCI to Auto mode
  • Disable IGFX
  • Enable XHCI and EHCI handoff
  • Set SATA Configuration to AHCI
  • Important: Set memory mode to Enhanced Stability

Post Installation:

Follow the directions in specific, precise order for best results:

1. After initial installation, boot into El Capitan with the Clover USB Installer.
  2. Install all network related kexts (For Ethernet, Download here:  AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip) - Reboot.
  3. Install Clover Bootloader to MAC SSD (r3270 works nice)

Settings for Clover Bootloader:

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 1.31.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-03 at 1.31.42 PM.png

4.  Do not reboot yet. Mount the EFI Partition that corresponds to your Mac SSD (the drive you just installed clover to). Navigate to EFI/EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 folder   and place the latest version of FakeSMC there. Do not reboot yet

5.  Open Config.plist in Clover Configuration. Make sure that Rootles=0, -XCPM flags are checked. Make darkwake=no. Also make sure that SMBIOS is set to iMac 14,2. Make sure that if using the GTX650, uncheck inject nvidia or intel under graphics.

6.  Optional: For maximum compatibility. I recommend using a DSDT and SSDT. SSDTs can be generated with Pike's tool found here:  http://www.rampagedev.com/ page_id=197  

However, if you have the same board, you can download my personal DSDT and Config file. BUT no guarantees that it will work. Should be harmless though.

theconsumer1 - El Capitan files.zip

DSDT and SSDT, for clover, are to be installed at EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder.

7.  If you skipped 6, then the next thing you need to install is Trim Patch in Clover Configuration (already patched in my DSDT).

See guide here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298507-enable-trim-on-non-apple-ssd/

8.   Enable onboard audio ALC1150 with this guide ONLY : https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC

Requirements:

- Must have NATIVE AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E

- Must remove any HDAEnabler kexts in S/L/E

- If using your a DSDT make sure you edit and navigate to HDEF/LayoutID/0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 and make sure that I.D. is 0x01. If not, change it to 0x01.

- To edit/check DSDT.aml files use DPCIManger app

- Note: My DSDT on this thread is not updated for the 0x01 edit.

FAQ:

Do i need to update bios version

No. Many advise that you do, but if you are behind 1 version, it is not big deal.

What about NVIDIA Web Drivers   

The web drivers are just a pain that offers no performance increase. They will give you headaches. Ignore them for now.

How do I know if CPU Power management is working  

Download Intel Power Gadget from Intel's website. If you can see that CPU Freq and Power is changing, you got it.

Appreciation:

Thanks for hackintoshosx.com, insanelymac.com, and the many other contributing members of the community, for all their hard work, research, and time. Also, a special thanks to hackintoshosx user/mod/admin Dmos and Kyndder for really helping me out with my build!

For any question, please address this thread.

gb.png

Edited by theconsumer1

Also:

?

If you have success with this board and want to share, please do on this post. I really want to learn a lot more about this board with hackintoshing. Please post your experiences below! Thanks

post-595578-0-60521300-1444310121_thumb.

?

?

GA B75M-D3H

Core i3 3.0 GHz

Gigabyte GTX650 1024mb

4GB Corsair Vengeance 1333MHz

500GB HDD

10.11(Final) OSX El Capitan

?

?

?

Bootloader Enoch r2773

?

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>No</string>
?
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 dart=0 rootless=0</string>
?
?

?

attachicon.gifCaptura de Tela 2015-10-08 às 10.13.04.png

?

?

GA B75M-D3H

Core i3 3.0 GHz

Gigabyte GTX650 1024mb

4GB Corsair Vengeance 1333MHz

500GB HDD

10.11(Final) OSX El Capitan

?

?

?

Bootloader Enoch r2773

?

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>No</string>
?
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 dart=0 rootless=0</string>

?

?

Nice. But you have a completely different chipset and board so I don't know how this applies to the thread.

This guide worked beautifully! I initially tried to follow this guide with the exception of upgrading a previous Mavericks install to El Capitan and it would install but never boot after that. I then tried doing a clean install, which worked, and then use migration assistant to move my old setting and stuff off of a Time Machine volume. After that, the machine, again, wouldn't boot. So, the third time, I stopped being stubborn and just did a clean install as this guide suggests and the machine is running great! Better than it did with Mavericks (El Capitan's performance improvements really shine here).

?

I just manually configured the machine like it was before and then manually migrated some of my preferences from ~/Library and /Library/Server (This is a rack mount server) and everything is working great like it was before, except now it runs faster, seems more stable, and I can finally use the newer Server.app versions.

?

Thanks a lot for this!

I have this same motherboard but I can't get Clover to boot into OSX Installation because of a KP.

Here are the relevant error lines from a verbose boot:

AppleACPIPlatformExpert::start failedpanic(cpu0 caller 0xffffff80008d1bc4): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.106/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp: 1665Debugger called: <panic>Backtrace (CPU0), Frame : Return Address0xffffff81e592bdf0 : 0xfffffff80002e53570xffffff81e592be70 : 0xfffffff80008d1bc40xffffff81e592be80 : 0xfffffff800089405d0xffffff81e592bec0 : 0xfffffff8000893b660xffffff81e592bf30 : 0xfffffff800088e81a0xffffff81e592bf70 : 0xfffffff80008947fc0xffffff81e592bfb0 : 0xfffffff80003d14b7BSD process name corresponding to current thread: UnknownBoot args: kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 -v slide=0 container-dmg=file:///Install%20OS%20X%20El%20Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg root-dmg=file:///BaseSystem.dmgMac OS version:Not yet setKernel version:Darwin Kernel Version 15.0.0: Wed Aug 26 16:57:32 PDT 2015; root:xnu-3247.1.106-1/RELEASE_X86_64?

Tried both the linked "Clover OS X El Capitan-v6" app and the generic Clover with the settings showed in the pics.

Thanks in advance for your help