Sign in to follow this  
rag

Won't boot without nv_disable=1

Question

Hi, I installed my hackintosh using:

• U{censored} 6.1.1
  • El Capitan Post-Install Tools (Clover v2.3k)
  • Clover Configurator

I managed to get to the?installation of Mac using these parameters when booting from the USB "dart=0 nv_disable=1".

My computer specs are:

• ASUS Z77 SABERTOOTH + i5 3550
  • OCZ 240GB SATA3 VERTEX 3
  • ASUS GTX 670 2GB DCU DDR5
  • CORSAIR AX 850W MODULAR
  • PC3-12800/1600MHz G.SKILL RIPJAWS-X (8GB) (CL9) 4GBX02PC5?

I have tried installing the latest Nvdia web driver but it still wont work even though booting parameters are "dart=0? nvda_drv=1".?As long as nv_disable=1 isn't in the boot parameters apple logo will appear and the loading bar will got halfway before monitor lose connection.

I have tried using this method but it still doesn't work either.?http://www.hackintoshosx.com/forums/topic/23339-osx-10103-black-screen-solved/

Please advice. thanks!

Update 1:

I boot from -v and managed to get a snap of the screen before monitor lost connection.

v30PGbU.jpg

Edited by rag

16 hours ago, FilmEditor said:

Bumping this. Where did you get the AppleGraphicsControl.kext and did you have to change anything? Another forum said

"

According to a by PikeRalpha given information Apple has changed the gfx management starting with 10 9.3.

You should try to temporary add under options of clover the argument nv_disable=1 and then boot your install. Then copy over from S/L/E the AppleGraphicsControl.kext to desktop and add your Systemboard ID from SMBios (iMac 11,1) in the info.plist of  AppleGraphicsControl.Kext/Contents/Plugings/AppleGraphicsDeviicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist as last line of the Configmap with the other models in this way:

<key>Mac-F2268DAE</key>             
                <string>none</string>

Then install back the kext with kextutilitiy and update chaches. After rebooting your system should work as before."

S/L/E  AppleGraphicsControl.Kext/Contents/Plugings/AppleGraphicsDeviicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist 

its depends on what gpu u are using.This is for nvidia  use web driver to fix this issue

Pls mention what HW and installation status .Post installation or pre

6 hours ago, rag said:

Hi, I installed my hackintosh using:

• U{censored} 6.1.1
  • El Capitan Post-Install Tools (Clover v2.3k)

Can u post your config.plist and darwin dumper reports

19 minutes ago, rag said:

Update 2:

I tried the method from?http://www.hackintoshosx.com/forums/topic/23339-osx-10103-black-screen-solved/?and this time it managed to boot with just "dart=0 nvda_drv=1". But this it shows "Asus GTX 670 0 MB" under "About Mac". Seems like the nvidia driver did not load..

change here

<key>NVidia</key>
?? ??? ??? ?<false/>

?

and ur config.plist is meshed up ..so need time to fix more ,Try above see its works or not

Just now, Dmos said:

change here

<key>NVidia</key>
?? ??? ??? ?<false/>

May I know where I should insert that line?