m.gbt

What to do if Clover Configurator doesn't have a specific SMBIOS?

Question

I've been studying into details the SMBIOS configuration in the last days and something I always wondered was: why my SMBIOS is detected as MacBookPro8,1 if the only laptop ever produced by Apple containing my exact processor is the MacBook Air 11-inch Mid 2011:?https://support.apple.com/kb/SP631?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

In a Brazilian Apple page I found it to be MacBookAir4,1 however this SMBIOS doesn't exist in Clover Configurator (there are only 5,2 and 6,2 for the MBA). So maybe that's why it was always detected as a MacBookPro8,1, as?among the existent?it is the best SMBIOS.

Is there an alternative way to follow in these cases?

?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Thanks, I'll give it a try :D

so far I had always thought that the Configurator was perfect... lol

Allan, no, unfortunately the MacBook4,1 is completely different of MacBookAir4,1 :(

?

edit: great, champlist really was the solution. However, it doesn't have as much information as Clover Configurator does, so some of them I had to Google a little (BiosReleaseDate,?BoardType,?ChassisAssetTag)

Edited by m.gbt