RePete222

Issues with ElCap/Clover install on AMD desktop

Question

I am attempting to install El Capitan on my AMD desktop Hack (see sig), using Clover (legacy boot) as bootloader.  I can get Clover to start from the USB install flash drive, but when I select the Mac OS X Install volume, I get the white Apple logo on a black background, and it stays there forever.  When I put a -v in the boot arguments, I just get an underscore cursor on the screen, and not a single message ever appears.

Since I am upgrading from Snow Leopard, the latest version of Clover Configurator will not run on my system.  Is there a back-level version that's 10.6 compatible?  If not, I could go in an manually edit the config.plist, but need help on how to mount the EFI partition on the Desktop so that I can get to it in the first place.

Also, I have downloaded the AMD kernel for El Capitan, but can't figure out where to put it, or where the vanilla kernel is at that I need to be replacing.  From what I've been reading here, it's supposed to go in System/Library/Kernels, but no such folder exists on the OS X Base System I copied from--nor can I find the kernel anywhere on that volume (and yes, I do have hidden files showing).  So where exactly is the kernel supposed to be now?

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Pete

I finally got Enoch installed to my ElCap installer USB, but had to first build a barebones Mav system to run the Enoch installer on.  Seems there is something with my SL and/or hardware that the Enoch installer just won't work on.  On to next issue ...

7 hours ago, RePete222 said:

I finally got Enoch installed to my ElCap installer USB, but had to first build a barebones Mav system to run the Enoch installer on.  Seems there is something with my SL and/or hardware that the Enoch installer just won't work on.  On to next issue ...

What issue you have now .putting the kernel into installer?

Chameleon can load kernel form custom place..you have to just edit the kernel location in org.chameleon.boot.plist