RePete222

Dead mouse after reaching El Cap Installer

Question

I have created an Enoch-bootable USB Installer volume for El Capitan, and after applying USB fixes, I can get it to boot all the way to the OS X Installer welcome screen.  Unfortunately, my mouse is non-responsive at that point.  I can get past the language selector screen by hitting return or enter, but can't get past the next screen (with the Back and Continue buttons at the bottom).  My tab key works for switching the highlight outline from one button to the other, but hitting return/enter after highlighting the Continue button does nothing.  The system will recognize a Cmd+Q, and put up the Quit dialog, but from there I can only get to the Startup Disk selector, and can't do a thing except reboot.

Any ideas on what kernel flags or other fixes I need to get to the OS X installer with a working mouse (and keyboard)?

fix this ...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>BooterConfig</key>
    <string>0x28</string>
    <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
    <string>0x67</string>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>-v -f npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1 Usekernelcache=No</string>
    <key>USBBusFix</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Remove this

<key>USBLegacyOff</key>
    <string>No</string>

Also try without UseKernelCache=Yes/No and -f  or without on of them.

No wander its not working 10.11 csr value to rebuild cache ..so 103 value is wrong right is 0x03 or 0x67(full disable)

No good. :(  Booting still hangs in basically the same place, no matter what combinations of -f and Usekernelcache=Yes/No I use.  I am attaching a screenshot of where it stalls (for this particular trial, I applied the fixes you suggested, and booted with no overrides to bootflags.  The last message, referencing org.ntp.sntp.117, is written about 2 minutes 40 seconds after the preceding set of messages, and then it's stuck there forever until I reset/reboot.  I think it was issued in the previous instance; I probably took the picture too soon that time.

The "Can't get kextd port." messages (11 or 12 of them issued in a row; some of them have scrolled off the top of the screen by the time this pic was taken) are something I don't remember seeing in prior attempts.  For this latest set of attempts, they are being issued for every combination of bootflags, but may show up sooner or later depending on which combination is used.

DSC06396.JPG