rondor

Intel Iris 6100 on El Capitan

Question

Hi!

I installed el capitan on a laptop which has intel i5 5257u cpu with iris 6100 gpu, but the os doesn't recognize the gpu. I found the device id and the ig-platform-id of the iris 6100, but I don't know how can I patch the dsdt and should I do something else to solve the problem.

Edited by rondor

4 answers to this question

7 hours ago, rondor said:

Hi!

I installed el capitan on a laptop which has intel i5 5257u cpu with iris 6100 gpu, but the os doesn't recognize the gpu. I found the device id and the ig-platform-id of the iris 6100, but I don't know how can I patch the dsdt and should I do something else to solve the problem.

Post ur hardware and boot loader info

Clover bootloader has a option to put ig-ids  so put ig-is in clover and enable intel or use rehubman's  fakecpuid  or intelHD kext

5 hours ago, Dmos said:

Post ur hardware and boot loader info

Clover bootloader has a option to put ig-ids  so put ig-is in clover and enable intel or use rehubman's  fakecpuid  or intelHD kext

It`s an acer aspire v3-371 laptop (i5-5257u, iris graphics 6100, 240gb kingston ssd, 4 gb 1600 mhz ddr3 ram). I use clover 2.3. When I put the ig-platform-id (it`s 0x162b0000 according to this website) I get kernel panic. Is it possible that I should change the dvmt memory size?

3 minutes ago, rondor said:

It`s an acer aspire v3-371 laptop (i5-5257u, iris graphics 6100, 240gb kingston ssd, 4 gb 1600 mhz ddr3 ram). I use clover 2.3. When I put the ig-platform-id (it`s 0x162b0000 according to this website) I get kernel panic. Is it possible that I should change the dvmt memory size?

try this SSDT

SSDT-GPU-Iris6100.zip