Sign in to follow this  
p3u1

Change my SMBIOS & serial number for MacOS Sierra Support

Question

Hi, so i have been running my Hackintosh for nearly 2 years. Over that time i have added & updated my hardware to get all features of a proper Mac. My serial number & longer serial board number have stayed the same & my smbios has always been set to a Mac Pro 3,1

With my Native Bluetooth/WIFI Combo card i have had all features working: HandOff, Continuity, SMS Relay, Personal Hotspot etc. So when the new MacOS Sierra comes out my setup will be able to run all of the new features, i have an iPhone 6 & an Apple Watch Sport.

The problem is my SMBIOS is Mac Pro (Early 2008) which is not listed as supported, so what would be the best way/process to update my SMBIOS. I'm familiar with Clover Configurator but what would be the best/ most compatible SMBIOS to choose? Newer iMac? Newer Mac Pro? (I'm almost sure to be able to access the Nvidia Webdrivers for my GeForce GTX 960 i have to choose a Mac Pro).

Will using Clover Configurator to change my SMBIOS & serial number then simply doing a reboot be enough or could it cause problems, as in security issues, i remember from the past i did this a few times and in verbose boot it would say about iTunes DRM?

I also have the newer 2 Factor Authentication setup on my iPhone 6 & Hackintosh.

Should i do a fresh install with the new SMBIOS & Serial Number then pull my user account info from the time machine backup on post install (When setting up a user account)? My specs are below. Thanks in advance for any advice help.

• OSX version: OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 (15F34)
  • Clover version: Clover 3556
  • Theme: Apple Style
  • Clover installations: UEFI + PartitionDxe + Aptratiofix2 
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
  • RAM: 16GB 1333 MHz DDR3
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
  • Audio-Onboard: ALC887
  • GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB
  • Mac Model(Smbios): Mac Pro 3,1
  • Boot flags(Arguments): dart=0 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0
  • WIFI/Bluetooth : BRCM20702 Hub (Combo Card made for an iMac)
Edited by p3u1

3 answers to this question

First of all this is a hack PC ,so why do you have so many apple security settings that not necessary at all.but any way ...

You can change smbios on this PC if you like and to do so some of the functions might not going to work well.

So its better u backup time machine and use CCC for partition back up.As smbios goes u can try Imac 12,2 above on this system, if you don't have issue with ur GPU or Macpro 5,1 for better option.

2nd  10.12 is still in DP next month it will be in Beta.... i don't recommended to upgrade right a way cause DP and betas are always buggy,so its better u make a partition/separate HDD  then install 10.12 on it for testing purpose.

last wifi should work if you have supported card.Other we don't going to wok or not ..its a have so there are always and "if" or "might be' .For the time being we can 50/50 about all the things on 10.12.

good luck

Hey thank you. I'll try Mac Pro 5,1 as an iMac settings means I cannot install Nvidia Web drivers. I have a separate drive for Time Machine backups so I think my best shot is to make said smbios for Mac Pro 5,1 in clover on the EFI Partition of the install USB for 10.12. Then do a clean install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, p3u1 said:

Hey thank you. I'll try Mac Pro 5,1 as an iMac settings means I cannot install Nvidia Web drivers. I have a separate drive for Time Machine backups so I think my best shot is to make said smbios for Mac Pro 5,1 in clover on the EFI Partition of the install USB for 10.12. Then do a clean install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are way u can install web driver on imac or any smbios and here its is

http://www.osx86.net/forums/topic/23765-nvidia-web-driver-updater-update-11022015/

u need to have removed  AppleTyMCEDriver patch to use MacPro5,1 name Smbios.useing clover on the fly patch 

<dict>
  <key>Comment</key>
  <string>No Panic on MacPro4,1 - 5,1</string>
  <key>Name</key>
  <string>AppleTyMCEDriver</string>
  <key>Find</key>
  <data>cgoATWFjUHJvNCwxAE1hY1BybzUsMQBY</data>
  <key>Replace</key>
  <data>cgoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABY</data>
</dict>