CharCat

Snow Leopard (Retail) hangs during install

Question

I used NAWCOM BootCD with boot: mach_kernel to get my retail Snow Leopard disc to begin its thing. It got as far as "Refusing new kext com.apple.lokit.IOUSBFamily, v3.9.6: already have loaded v6.6.6.". Then it hung at

"com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet addres 00:1f:c6:04:74:b0". I've attached a photo of what was on the screen. Did I forget something?

HP Pavilion A6400f

Intel E2200 CPU

8 GB RAM

ASUS IPIBL-LB mobo

Snow Leopard shot.jpg

17 minutes ago, CharCat said:

Right. I got Snow Leopard installed onto my HP Pavilion A6400f (http://support.hp.co...ument/c01390590) and used finder(?) to upgrade to the latest version. When the install got to the end it asked to reboot, which I did. After 40 minutes of the screen sitting at the purple haze background I did a hard reboot. Nothing.

The screen displays these lines:

boot0: GPT

boot0: test

boot0: GPT

boot0: error

I can return to the unit boot screen using the Windows salute (3 fingers, one each on CTRL, ALT, & DEL).

When I get the unit to start, I get the Apple WSOD - white screen of death - which just shows the Apple logo. I'm loading from a WD Blue Mainstream 500GB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - WDBH2D5000ENCNRSN

Did I fum-dum something?

It's the cluster of problems that's confusing me ... FakeSMC, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and the NIC - Have you googled your mainboard or system name with Hackintosh Success if so, then there should be guide to get it done somewhere

Martin

boot0 error is supposedly because the WD drive uses 4K sectors instead of 512K.  Now, when I try to install it gets about 41% and then reboots and hangs.

I tried again by wiping the hdd and unplugging the LAN cable. The box rebooted and was hung at the boor screen again. I'm starting to think my unit has been infected by redmonditis.