HackinDoge

Pentium G3258 / GA-H81M-DS2V "Hac mini"

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 3.19.25 PM.png

After my little brother upgraded to an i5-4590 / GA-B85M-DS3H-A / R9 390, the leftover parts were available to mold into a "Hac mini" for my mom.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V

RAM: 4GB DDR3-1600

Storage: ADATA Ultimate SU800 128GB

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5

Case: Rosewill SRM-01 mATX Case

PSU: Antec Basiq 350W

OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12

Build-Specific Capabilities/Notes:

• Working SpeedStep via XCPM. [source]  No need for NullCPUPowerManagement after everything is settled in.
  • R9 270X via HDMI using 'Radeon' framebuffer.  Futomaki or Hamachi would probably work better after modification, but for the moment, I'm too lazy.
  • TRIM enabled for SSD via Clover patch.
  • AppleALC didn't work for the ALC887 audio for some reason (tried all layout-id's; probably forgot binary patch via Clover, oh well), so I am using aDummyHDA + Clover binary patch by @Mirone.

Pre-Installation:

BIOS Settings:

• CSM set to Always
  • Intel Virtualization Technology set to Disabled (you could try with it Enabled; I was getting bizarre kernel panics that stopped after I disabled it.)
  • Intel Processor Graphics set to Disabled

Jimmies: un-rustled

Installation Guide:

1.  Download macOS Sierra from the Mac App Store.

2.  Create a macOS Sierra installer:

/Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume [path to USB, i.e. /Volumes/USB] --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

3.  Install the latest version of Clover to the installer USB, with the following parameters:

[*] Install for UEFI booting only

[*] Install Clover in the ESP

[-] Drivers64UEFI

|-- [*] OsxAptioFix2Drv-64

|-- [*] CsmVideoDxe-64

4.  Place config-installation.plist in EFI/CLOVER, and G3258 - H81M-DS2V Kexts.zip in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12.

5.  Boot the installer and install macOS.

• If you get a kernel panic relating to "No kext summary", try moving your RAM to different slot(s).
  • If you get a kernel panic relating to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, then the kernel patch in the .plist wasn't enough, and you'll need to add NullCPUPowerManagement to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12.  You can remove NCPM on/after Step 6.

6.  Use the installer USB to get into macOS, then install Clover to the local disk.  Don't forget to copy over config-installation.plist and the kexts from earlier.

7.  Run Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher with the following parameters:

• Realtek ALC887 VD
  • layout-id 5

8.  Copy aDummyHDA.kext from ~/Desktop/MironeAudio/10ec0887/[AppleHDA version]/Clover to /System/Library/Extensions, then repair permissions:

cd /System/Library; sudo chmod -R 755 Extensions; sudo chown -R 0:0 Extensions; sudo touch Extensions

You do not need to worry about the config.plist in the same directory; it's contents are already part of the .plist we've been using.

9.  Run ssdtPRGen.sh, then copy ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

10.  There are a couple entries in my config.plist that, so far, have been commented out (i.e. "<key>#Devices</key>"; the "#" is a comment).  Go ahead and uncomment those (i.e. <key>Devices</key>).  Also, now would be a good time to rename 'config-installation.plist' to just 'config.plist'.

11.  Don't forget to generate unique SMBIOS data via Clover Configurator!

That... should be it.  Reboot, and enjoy your new Hackintosh!

If any issues occur, or if I left something out, please don't hesitate to let me know below.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:00 AM, Dub Monster said:

Hi! What bootflags i should use with 8400GS?

Try toggling Graphics Injection in Clover.  Semi-older cards like Fermi/Kepler didn't need any graphics injection, but iirc many of the older NVIDIA cards i.e. your 8400GS needed to be injected.

Hello, it's me again..

Now i'm owning GT320, i tested it in 10.8.5 and it had acceleration, will it have acceleration in Sierra too?

And also, i have same CPU and last time i managed to boot it with Penryn FAKECPUID, but it had some problems and so on..

I appreciate your work

On 1/18/2018 at 12:50 AM, Dub Monster said:

Hello, it's me again..

Now i'm owning GT320, i tested it in 10.8.5 and it had acceleration, will it have acceleration in Sierra too?

And also, i have same CPU and last time i managed to boot it with Penryn FAKECPUID, but it had some problems and so on..

I appreciate your work

im not sure about that card but gt220 works on newer os so it might work to.try Inject EFi srting and Nvenable=yes