hackintosh0505

Asks for icloud password

Question

Hi guys, everytime i log in, i am prompted to enter my icloud password in the sys pref.  

Any of you have come across this ? Is there a way to handle this?  I mean not having to enter the password everytime i log in.

Thanks you.

Edited by hackintosh0505

You can set this in system preferences but be warned, if you are using your main apple-ID and have used your machine with several builds and different smbios versions Apple are getting more strict and are blocking by network mac addresses now. It is also much harder to get your iPhone to interact with your non apple products too. 

Martin

19 hours ago, TpwUK said:

You can set this in system preferences but be warned, if you are using your main apple-ID and have used your machine with several builds and different smbios versions Apple are getting more strict and are blocking by network mac addresses now. It is also much harder to get your iPhone to interact with your non apple products too. 

Martin

Thanks for replying.

Ok. i ddnt know i can set it. 

Yes i am using my main apple iD which is used on my apple devises and yes this is the second build on the same machine. :(

Does this mean its better for me to enter the PW overtime i log in, rather than getting blocked by Apple ? :(

It is much harder to get my iPhone interact with non apple products...( does this occur when i enter the PW overtime or if i just set it as how u told me in the first sentence)

much gracias. 

With my partially blocked appleID i can not make purchases or get access to the Apple App Store any more from my Hackintosh, so i now have to download my apps using a real Apple and network them over... It's OK to use the same computer as long as you keep using the same smBIOS and run-time variable details across each build, but if you experiment to see which is best for your machine then you are better off not signing in at all with your ID.

I am not sure how strict they have gotten on mac addresses either, if more people start seeing that message it can only be two things. They have recorded and blocked you mac address, or they are blanket blocking since all Apple products i have ever used have mac addresses that start with 00:. The latter would not be wise as there are plenty of Apple servers out there using NIC's so then the smBIOS would have to come into play too to decide if you are a true Apple computer.

Once you're happy and certain you have a stable build and you're going to stick with it then start using your AppleID. Make sure to pick as close as you can get to a real mac serial number. If using clover or chameleon generated ones, check it on everymac for validity and then check the serial with apples coverage website. You can have 5 goes per day. If it says the number is invalid it is, so create a new one. If it shows as having active coverage, then generate another number.

Martin

Edited by TpwUK
Updating ...

10 hours ago, TpwUK said:

With my partially blocked appleID i can not make purchases or get access to the Apple App Store any more from my Hackintosh, so i now have to download my apps using a real Apple and network them over... It's OK to use the same computer as long as you keep using the same smBIOS and run-time variable details across each build, but if you experiment to see which is best for your machine then you are better off not signing in at all with your ID.

Partially blocked ? Oh dear !!! Ddnt know Apple would do this !

10 hours ago, TpwUK said:

I am not sure how strict they have gotten on mac addresses either, if more people start seeing that message it can only be two things. They have recorded and blocked you mac address, or they are blanket blocking since all Apple products i have ever used have mac addresses that start with 00:. The latter would not be wise as there are plenty of Apple servers out there using NIC's so then the smBIOS would have to come into play too to decide if you are a true Apple computer.

Once you're happy and certain you have a stable build and you're going to stick with it then start using your AppleID. Make sure to pick as close as you can get to a real mac serial number. If using clover or chameleon generated ones, check it on everymac for validity and then check the serial with apples coverage website. You can have 5 goes per day. If it says the number is invalid it is, so create a new one. If it shows as having active coverage, then generate another number.

Martin

This is serious all right !

actually i am happy with this build, 90% of the build is fine and runs fine, i gotta to be happy that this old hardware.is able to do it.

i heavily depend on icloud sync, if i dnt sign in, it wont sync. This is my main rig, though i have a real Mac.

about the serial number thingy i ddnt know that it should be changed in order to evade sm issues.

Thanks for the explanation, will try to understand wht u have mentioned above.

guess i have to type in the pw everytime.

It's not drastically serious but it's serious enough to warrant concern. Test your builds serial number with Apples coverage web page. If that says it is an unrecognised serial you need to change it. You need that web page to show that the coverage has expired, then you know you have a good serial. If you see a result that shows it's covered by Apple, then you need another serial otherwise you will be competing for logins with the true serial owner, only uncovered serials are good.

If you need to rebuild from scratch then you also need to remove any EFI partitions on your non removable drives as Apple now seems to make backups to non booting drives but uses them to compare settings. I use Linux to remove those extra EFI partitions that using GUID partitioning creates. You will also need to clear your UEFI Bios Settings. If you can't delete them via the BIOS on your motherboard then you will need to downflash your BIOS to an older version, then flash back up to the latest one.

The smBIOS and serial used to install now has to be copied to your boot drive from your USB installation stick, you can not create a new one as you used to be able to!

If you get a partially blocked AppleID such as myself, it's no biggie if you have true Apple products, you can still use those to do your Syncing, I can still login to my AppleID, iCloud etc, but i can't use FaceTime or Messenger. I can not backup my iPhone to my now deleted Hackintosh build, and it would only do updates to the OS. No AppStore login, and no access to my legitimate AppStore purchases so no updates for those either. For these reasons I flattened my workstation and have now installed Windows 10 pro on it. I used to use the smBIOS settings from my dead MacPro3,1 the only thing i couldn't change was the networks MAC addresses and that seems to have been enough to block that computer for AppStore access. It's my own fault, I built this workstation and tried several smBIOS versions for iMac 14,1.. 17,1 along with MacPro 3,5 and 6, all of which would no longer work after 10.12.2 updates to what was by then running as a MP5,1, so i reverted back to my 3,1 specs and dropped to 10.11.6 and then that's when i discovered it was partially blocked.

I phoned Apple support and came clean that i was using a Hackintosh because their current 6,1 was not powerful enough and was too expensive for the performance level it has. I explained that I have two other Apple computers and an iPhone that i need to use with my AppleID and they said that "they should still work and have full access to all Apple Services" and indeed they do. However the iPhone no longer shows as a device when connecting to any of my computers so something has been effected there too.

I test software for companies and this is a major area of concern for me now and depending on what the new 2018 Mac Pro will deliver on bang for buck has to be seen before i decide if i will retire all my Apple products and shift to Android and Windows, and trust me, i hate Windows with a passion.

The simple answer is to not keep using the same PC as a Hackintosh platform, get it right and working to your satisfaction with zero online access until you are sure it's good to go, then and only then activate your AppleID with it, but then, don't be surprised if it gets blocked because of having no legitimate Apple MAC Address for your network interface.

Martin