Sign in to follow this  
The_Hackintosh_User

Compaq Presario 500 series laptop - Nvidia GeForce Go 6100 on Mavericks

Question

I have decided to install Mac OS X Mavericks yet again on another laptop.  This time on an Compaq Presario F577CL.  I used the N{censored} Mavericks Distro and install it that way.  When it finished installing I had to reboot it because it was stuck on "Installation Finished."  The log showed that it was a bug in that menu/screen/or something that was supposed to show up simply just didn't and never did.  After getting it to boot and using the -v -f and using the USB flash drive I used, I got to the setup wizard and after setting it up I was ready to install kexts.  The only card that the laptop has as far as I know, is an integrated Nvidia GeForce 6100.  Someone on OSX86.net has for download an nv_enabler, but apparently someone stated that it was for Snow Leopard and it just doesn't work like it should on Lion and later.  I tried installing Snow Leopard, to use this kext, but that didn't work.  Link to the nv_enabler I was talking about: 

After searching more, I have found this which has like a list of ID's and one of them is the GeForce 6100. Don't know if it's the same as GeForce Go 6100, but I don't know how to use/install/or do anything with it.  So far, it seems that you... Chose a kext for Nvidia cards and change the ID?

Link:

https://www.{censored}.com/threads/nvidia-device-ids-2011-developer-list.40875/

Help would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

You can just use enabler on bootloader both clover and chameleom has built-in or you can just install nvidia web driver

On 2/21/2018 at 11:41 AM, Dmos said:

You can just use enabler on bootloader both clover and chameleom has built-in or you can just install nvidia web driver

The real problem is that previously, people complained it was made for Mac OS X Snow Leopard.  I have never even gotten Snow Leopard to even boot said laptop.  I have installed Mavericks on this laptop, and well...  I'm glad the AMD CPU is being accepted by Mavericks.  And I haven't gotten anything higher working.  Now, it's too late to even download this half broken screen tearing glitchy kext.  The download for it is gone...  The GeForce Go 6100 mind you is from so long ago.  Back around when Tiger was installed on these things back then when these laptops were still relevant (which I have lost a download to, so no Tiger either).  I don't think graphics enabler even supports these older laptop graphics chips such as the GeForce Go 6100.  My apologies for replying late btw.  Not to mention the fact that this laptop doesn't even have discrete graphics.  Just that one GeForce Go 6100...  All I have ever gotten with iATKOS for Snow Leopard was well, nothing.  Just a Apple logo.  No -v, -x, -f, etc...  It either hangs on Chameleon, or at the Apple logo.  Doesn't show verbose, meaning that I am stuck tbh for Snow Leopard.

Thats the reason i ask you try clover.Clover can patch on the fly so its much easier.As for your GPU i think its only support 32bit  but its not a issue atm.

So for now make a usb clover bootloader

https://dm0s.wordpress.com/2015/11/27/clover-bootloader-giude-for-hackintosh/

N.B. you need to install newer boot loader to get the benefits for nvenabler ,all new bootloader has different option to disable graphics options

like if you want to disable NVIDIA kexts from loading just use nv_disable=1

Also AMD needs patched kext to run and u can use different kext from bootloader